Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween Recap

Our Halloween festivities started with a visit from our neighbor Kari and her 1-year-old daughter, Sarah. Kari was dressed as Princess Leia, and Sarah was Darth Vader. I think she is the only 1-year-old girl to ever dress as Darth Vader. She was super cute and even had her own light saber. After they left our house, the Woman dressed me up in my bumble bee costume and took me to their house to show off my costume. I got to lick Sarah a lot, because she was on the floor being all cute. I think I would like to have one of those little kid things of my own. You know, as long as it is just mine and the People don't go giving it any of my attention.

So anyway, we went home and the trick-or-treaters started coming. At first, the Woman would let me run out and greet them, but I was running off down the street, so she had to pick me up when anyone came to the door. We had about 50 kids, and they were all dressed up so cute. The Woman bought way too much candy, because we ran out of candy last year, so we have lots of left-overs.

When the trick-or-treaters started dwindling, the People watched the Edward Scissorhands movie. The Woman calls me Norman Scissorpaws now, because my nails are so sharp and pointy. While they were watching the movie, the Woman left the bowl of candy by the door for easy access. She would tell me to get her a piece of candy, and I would run over, grab a piece and bring it to her. She thought it was so cute. She likes telling me to bring her things, because she thinks I'm really smart when I do it. I thought I was going to get me a bite of that candy, but I did not. The Woman says sugar and chocolate are very bad for me, so she gave me some goodboy bones instead. I like goodboy bones, so I was happy with that compromise.

I was pretty tired at the end of the night with all the trick-or-treaters and candy fetching. I slept really well last night, and snored all night long! The Woman kept waking me up and saying - Norman SHHHH! I don't know what her problem was - I was sleeping just fine!

10 Comments:

  • At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excellent costume, Mr. Norman! Elise went as a "Queen Bee". Oh yea, pun intended. She wore a yellow/black striped shirt and a teeny tiara atop her head.

    The new dog (Dooley) went as a ring worm victim because well, he already had the ringworms. Now don't look at me like that. He already had them when I got him. The mange just made it difficult to diagnose the problem. I'll have him clean in less than a month but it may take longer for his hair to grow back. Maybe this will perk up his homely appearance.

    Brother enjoyed barking at anyone that came to the door, but there was no room in the budget for a costume. I spent it all on a vat of confectionery goodness to hand out to the kiddies. Wave after wave visited between 6pm and 9pm. I got concerned when I ran out of sweets! (No I did not eat them ...er.. many of them. I gave them away!) As fortune would have it, the house survived the night. No eggs or TP-trees or salt laden designs in the grass.

    Happy Halloween Norman! Now repeat after me...

    "I've never pollinated!!"

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Norman- you are quite a smart pug to fetch candy for The Woman. I am very impressed.

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Mr. Chris - I'm sure your Halloween festivities were quite fun, even though your new dog is afflicted. I am surprised, however, that you could not pull together a costume. You do have quite the storehouse of costumes after all. You could have been a French Maid, Princess Leia, a Hawaiian dancer, etc. But, I guess maybe you don't want the neighbors (or your g/f) to think you are a cross-dresser.

    And no, I have never pollenated, although I have had hay-fever, but I don't think that counts.

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ix-nay on the ay-gay around the oman-way. Those costumes are a bit big for my the dogs. I might have improvised like this fella here.



    Noah bought a Princess Leia costume from her exploits on Jabba's barge. He had hoped to enter her in a costume contest at his school's fall festival but it wasn't near as spiffy as the picture made it look.

    Trim nail might help stir up a little honey for the Pugglebee. I hear the lady pugs go for that whole metrosexual thing.

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tell your woman that you are the absolute cutest bumblebee and pug ever! Please get to feeling better real soon.
    Elise

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Duke and Gidget said…

    Sounds like you had a real fun Halloween Norman. We are very impressed that you were able to fetch candy for the Woman and not eat it yourself. Our humans sure wish we had that much self-control!

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Norman, did you bark and scare the trick or treaters? I bet they were real frightened of getting stung too........LOL. Well, you can sting me anytime.

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught said…

    He brings you candy? How have I not taught my boys that trick! Send me Norman so I can experience such pug obedience for myself!

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Obedience? Norman is faaaaaaaaaar from obedient. He just likes to make me laugh. I can point to anything and tell him to fetch it for me, and he usually will. He's been handy for picking up socks, pens, knitting needles, and the like. He's really quite smart like that.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught said…

    I'm still amazed. If I pointed to something and said fetch, Kritter would just snot on me and go back to sleep!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home