Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Friday, October 20, 2006

The Pug is in the House!

I don't know who gave the Woman permission to make a blog entry for me, but I'm a little ticked about her commenting on my rude behaviour lately. I'm not rude - I just have a malfunctioning politeness gland. There is a difference you know. She's right about the tooth pain though. I had been feeling pain in my mouth, but I thought I had just bit my lip or something like that. It does feel much better now. The Vet says Pugs have too little of heads for all their teeth, and sometimes one or two of them can get compacted at the gum line and cause an infection. That's what happened to me. I had the naughty tooth removed, and now I feel better.

I am on pain medicine. It's pretty sweet. I get it every 12 hours.

When the People picked me up from the Vet, I was very happy to see them. So happy, in fact, that my heart started beating really fast and pumping my blood harder than it was while I was in my cage recovering after surgery. By the time we got home, I had some blood trickling from my suture, so they had to take me back to the Vet. I was ticked to have to go clear back to the Vet, because it's a 20 minute car ride, and I just wanted to cuddle with my Big Butt toy and take a nap. When we got there, the Vet said my heart was just pumping really hard from excitement and that there was some ick coming through the suture, but it was ok. She tried to wrap me in a bandage, but it fell off before we even got home. It's ok now though. I'm all scabbed up and feeling fine.

I haven't even tried to lick or bite at my wound. This is my third one - I know the routine by now.

My Vet is very nice. She called yesterday to check on me, and the Vet Tech called to check on me too. I like her, even though the only time I see her is when I have surgery. She's still a nice lady no matter how much she cuts on me.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and thoughts. I am doing just fine. We won't have the biopsy report back until next week, but I'll let you all know what the report says. Hopefully, it's good.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks God you are OK Norman.........you are in our hearts and out prayers........love you very much
    carla and jessica

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Hey Goodboy Norman, glad your toothachey problem was fixed. I remember when Chichi (your relative maybe) was a baby, the vet said we needed to watch those teeth because they could end up being a problem for pugs. But she was okay and now she has lost a few teeth so she has to have her little treats soft and sometimes broken in half before she gets them to help her chew easier.

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mr. Norman,

    All these biopsies must be getting expensive! Have you considered using your ailment to panhandle over the Internet? I am sure the woman would be a little embarassed at first, until she saw how much bacon your handsome face brings in. ...or does she have to know. I mean, I'd not tell anyone if some of the funds got siphoned from "Save the Pug" and into "Norman's Week-Long Butt Scratch & Fetch Resort Fund". I'm just sayin'...

    -Mr. Chris

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great to hear that you're feeling better again! And I know what you mean about the tooth pain, I had two teeth removed as well. I don't understand why someone thought it was funny to put way to much teeth in a Pugs mouth...

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dont be too mad at The WOman for stealing your blog for a day. She was just trying to score you some sympathy points! And obviously it worked because we all wanted to know how you were doing. :)

    Big Butt toy? Need Pictures.

     
  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught said…

    You are a Goodboy Norman - cuddle up and heal quick! We're praying for you!

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said…

    Sounds as if The woman just wanted to let us all know that you are okay...I was happy to see that the Woman let us in on your health, as for the being rude part? I over looked that we are all entitled to have a bad day.

    By the way..What is your Big BUTT Toy?? LOL

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sending pugs hugs to you Normam. Wish I could reach through my screen to kiss your sweet little face.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home