Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

High Strung

I'm pretty much a high strung kind of dog. Every morning, I sit impatiently by the Woman's side of the bed waiting for her to get up. I whine at every little movement she makes, hoping she's ready to get out of bed. Sometimes I get over-excited and jump up on the bed, and Ian yells at me. When the Woman finally gets out of bed, I bark and bark and bark at her. I follow her to the bathroom, barking the whole time. I'm just so excited to see her again! When she's done with her routine, she lets me outside, and I run out, whiz on the first thing I see, then come back inside and bark at her some more. This is usually her cue to make my breakfast. While she's making my breakfast, you guessed it, I bark at her. I haven't mastered the ability to bark while I'm eating, so she gets a 30 second reprieve at that time.

On a normal work day, I sit under the Woman's chair in my cave made from a blanket draped across her legs. Whenever the neighbor dogs bark, I bark. Whenever an airplane flies overhead, I bark. Whenever someone starts a lawn mower, I bark. Whenever the phone rings, I bark. I think you get the point. I bark a lot. I also sleep a lot though, so I think it evens out pretty well.

The Woman has tried many things to keep me from barking so much, but none of it works. I'm just a vocal dog. I'm usually quiet all night, so I think she should count her blessings.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Goodboy Norman...I bet you bark while you are sleeping, too. How is "Brother"? Aunt Sue over here likes "Brother" and wants to see more of him, too.

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't try to learn the barking while your eating Norman, it won't be good for your health. Paisley is a vocal pug too!

    I think I am going to have to carry ear plugs before long.

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Oh no, Aunt Sue! You like Brother?!!?!!

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Duke and Gidget said…

    Hey Goodboy Norman, you sound a lot like us. We like to bark like crazy, especially when our humans are fixing our food. It must be a pug thing

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Goodboy Norman, Aunt Sue doesn't have a computer but she looks on my computer or when she's at our parents' computer when she is there. So she happened to see Brother's picture on here along with Chewie and she really thinks Brother is so cute. I told her that I told you she has a crush on Brother! If Brother shows up on your site again, I'll get her over to see him. Pass that info along to Brother or his dad.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home