Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Monday, October 02, 2006

Not a Cancer Dog

I mentioned in my previous post about Flan! that the Woman is worried about me eating sugar, because I am a "cancer dog." Well, the Woman was talking to a nice Vet Lady she met at Sarah's birthday party, and she says that I am not a cancer dog. She says that Grade 1 Mast Cell Tumors can't really be considered "cancer," because they are isolated on the skin, and do not spread into the organs. She told the Woman not to worry so much about me getting more of these lumps. I hope this doesn't mean she's going to change my diet back to regular dog food :(

The Woman is torn by this information, because she has me on a lot of supplements and the cancer dog food. My new diet costs a lot of $$$ a month. She wants to trust the holistic Vet, but she also knows that Vet is out to make money, and by selling us the supplements, she is doing that. This nice Vet lady the Woman met at Sarah's party is just offering friendly advice, and is not trying to make any money off of us. She didn't even try to get the Woman to switch over to using her, so her credibility seems a little more stable. We still have enough supplements to last over a month, so I guess the Woman will make a choice when they run out. I think flan will solve all my cancer problems, but the Woman wants some facts to back that up. Apparently no medical professionals have investigated the positive effects of flan on Grade 1 Mast Cell Tumors in Pugs.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, my friend has a pug with gr 1 mast cell tumors, they have are all over like little black moles. Some bigger. This started over 8 years ago. This pug is growing old gracefully.

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught said…

    I agree with the nice vet lady. At first our oncologist vet thought Moe just had a grade 1 skin, and he said no big deal, just cut it off and go about your business.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home