Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Guest Blogger - The Woman

Hi everyone, this is Tammy (the Woman). You probably didn't know my real name, did you? I wanted to let everyone know that the Vet called and said Norman is doing fine after his surgery. She assured me that his wound will heal just fine, even though it is on his leg, but he might have to use a cone to keep him from gnawing at the stitches. Poor little guy.

He also had to have a tooth extracted, because it was compacted and causing some discomfort. He has had a white discoloration on his lip for three months now, and the Vet attributes this to an infection on his gum line. He has been behaving rather rudely for the past couple months, and I am hoping it was because of this discomfort and he will behave better now that it has been taken care of.

He has also lost 3 pounds in the past 3 months, and I am afraid it is due to his new diet. I need to call his holistic Vet and set up another consultation, because I don't want to starve my little bear. I have actually been feeding him more than the Vet told me to, but we might need to switch to another diet, because he always seems to be hungry. I just thought he was a glutton, but maybe he really needs more food!

I will be picking him up at 2pm EST so he can come home and rest. His Lhasa Apso cousins (Rose and Ginger) are in town for the next couple of days, and I hope he is up to visiting with them, because he really loves them.

13 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Phew, glad to hear Norman is doing well! Hmmm, a cone, should be interesting.

    Maybe he lost weight because his tooth hurt and he would have eatten more?????

    When people ask about his scar, tell them he got into a fight and WON!

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good to see that he is doing well........wish him a wonderful recovery and great health for many, many years
    love carla and jessy

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good to hear that Norman is doing ok. Did the vet also tell what grade it was in?

    Give him a big hug from Django, Tammy (you were correct, I didn't know).

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Vet has to send the tissue sample off to the lab for a biopsy, so we won't know what grade it is until next week some time.

    Thanks for all the well wishes, and it's a good idea to tell people that he got into a fight and won!

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to hear that the surgery went well! We will keep our fingers and paws crossed for good results on the MCT.

    Lots of Pug Kisses from Meimei and Miko

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Hey Tammy...I am glad to hear the surgery went well and Goodboy is resting. He's so special! I noticed he looked fit and trim in one of the recent pictures. I'm so used to seeing my own overweight puggies it's different ot see a slim and trim boy. Thanks for the update. And he'll continually be in my thoughts and prayers to get well.

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think that pulled tooth deseves extra soft treats and wet food...

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    So glad to hear Norman made it through surgery--thanks for the update. Hope the news about the tumor is good as well.

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said…

    Glad to hear Norman is doing well, Give him belly rubs for us and lots of Licks from Willow and Belle.

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught said…

    Hi Tammy,
    I'm glad to hear Norman did well. I know what you mean about people wanting to tell stories - I felt the same way. They mean well, but it's hard.
    You and Norman are in our prayers!

     
  • At 4:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tammy,

    any news on Norman? how he is doing.....wishing him all the best

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I seen you mentioned a holistic vet. We have our appt in Decemeber to learn more about holistic puggy care. I think it is an awesome addition to modern vet medicine.

    Glad to read that all went well for Norman's surgery.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home