Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Monday, January 19, 2009

"Too Cool for Words" Results

I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the participation in this contest. Either you all don't know how silly you "used" to look, or you still look silly and don't know it, or maybe you still look silly and you do know it, and you're embarrassed about it. In which case, good for you. You should be embarrassed. LOL! I was hoping to get some Farrah Fawcett style photos with maybe some leg warmers or possibly tie dye and bell bottoms. You people need to dig into the photo drawer a little deeper! (What kind of name is Farrah any way??)

So here are the contestants, posted in the order in which they entered:

#1 - Eduardo's Mommy Person, complete with troll dolls. Way cool!! She's living La Vida Loca for sure!



#2 - Jemima's Jones' Mommy and Daddy Person during their senior year in high school. I'm loving the jackets!!



#3 - Pug(s) and Buggs' Woman in her awesome blue jean bibbies and kickin' yellow nail polish! Turn up that New Kids on the Block!!



#4 - Swampgirl's most excellent poodle perm and sweater vest. I can faintly smell Exclamation! perfume every time I look at this photo!



Let's give each one of our contestants a big round of applause! Excellent entries every one!!

But of course, there can be just one winner. And since Woman has a special place in her heart for the awkwardness of junior high ...

... the WINNER is ... Pug(s) and Buggs' Woman!!

Way to go! You were too cool for words, and you knew it! Heck, you still are!! As your prize, you get to hold the next photo contest!!

10 Comments:

  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Eduardo said…

    Congrats to Pug & Bugg's woman! Now can we please take my Mom's photo down? BOL!
    Hugs & Snugs
    Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Oh Eduardo, don't be a spoiled sport :) We're linked directly to this photo on your page, so if you really want it down, you can pull it from your side! LOL!

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    I would have entered a picture if I had one to enter. My parents were not big picture takers.
    I still think Woman's pic is the best. That dress and hair - I love it!

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Mom thought the deadline was 9:00 pm. Trust us, mom KNOWS that she was never cool. She will look through the photo album and see what she can find for you. She was too busy yesterday snuggling with dad, me and Lucky, on the sofa while it snowed.

    Roxy

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Oh no Roxy! You should have her post any way :)

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Pug(s) and Bugg said…

    WOW! We can't believe our mom won. But winning is sort of bittersweet for her isn't it? We think she looks pretty unfortunate in that picture... eeek!

    She can't wait to do the new photo contest! Thanks for choosing our embarassing momma!!!!

     
  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger AM said…

    I know I saw another entry pic on KC's blog, but now it isnt there. it was a good one too!

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Clover said…

    Hi Norman!
    I am so sorry I missed this contest. I bet I could have dug up a super embarrassing picture of my mom somewhere...dang!
    But I loved looking at the entries - way to go everyone!
    Love Clover xo

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Nevis said…

    I missed this contest...I've been kind of out of the loop since I got my promotion at work. (No time!) But I would've loved to post a ridiculous 80's picture. Maybe I'll just post a 'flashback' photo anyways....!

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Harry Pugalicious said…

    My Mom says she has lots of "too cool for school" pics but no scanner. Mom went to a "Dead 80s" party for Halloween so I gots an idea of how big her hair was in the 80s - and it was scary!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home