Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Friday, January 16, 2009

Contest - "Too Cool for Words"

Hello Blogger friends! While digging through old photos trying to find one of Shotzie, Woman came upon her high school albums. Oh my! Inspired by these photos, I decided to hold a contest to find out who was the coolest of the cool back in their day.

So, I challenge you to dig through your old photos and find the one that best exemplifies you being "too cool for words." These have to be serious photos, no Halloween costumes or silly dress up photos - you have to have really thought your were "all that" at the time, and it must now embarrass the living pug out of you!! Leave a comment on this entry letting me know when you have posted your cool photo. The title of the post should be, "Too Cool for Words." You have until Monday 9am EST to post. Then the judging will begin!!

Wanna see Woman's photo - the photo against which all of your photos will be judged?

Brace yourself.

...

...

Behold the glory that is Woman in the 10th grade on her way to the Homecoming dance!!

cool_tammy

Sit back, and really take that get up in. Savor it. Let the hot pink suit really stimulate the senses. Don't miss out on those matching silver shoes! Does anyone miss giant shoulder pads? How about that hair? Can you tell Woman used Sun-In on it? I think her hometown suffered a hairspray shortage that year, mostly due to Woman and her Mom.

Now switch your focus to the mirror in the photo and get a load of her date's haircut. Pretty snazzy, eh? All those lines - quite geometric. We should bring that look back. I'd be one bad mo-fo with a cut like that!!

So, there's your challenge. I wanna see some cool photos!!

20 Comments:

  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Eduardo said…

    I don't know if my Mommy has one that will embarrass her, but she will look! What a funny contest! My Mommy said she loved Sun-In! I think Mommy has an idea of the photo she wants to use but she doesn't have a scanner, damn! We will find a scanner!
    Hugs & Snugs
    Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Eduardo said…

    Excuse my french!
    Hugs & Snugs
    Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    ...oh...my....dog.
    Norman, there is just nothing in my entire photographed life that could even come close to comparing with that picture of woman. Also, I am only 23, so my high school days were not so long ago...certainly not long ago enough to have anything really ..... uhh.... 'different'...like that.
    But I am really looking forward to seeing what others turn up. Thanks for sharing!!!

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Eduardo - sometimes woman just takes a digital photo of a photo she doesn't feel like scanning. Pass that tip on to your Mom person.

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Page said…

    Oh, this is awesome. I'll see what I can find but I'm not sure if I can compete with that AWESOME dress.

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger Jemima Jones Beck said…

    Norman, I am afraid that I agree with Rachel, there is simply nothing in my Mom's (or Dad's) photographed life that will compare to that Homecoming getup...Woman wins!!!
    Love,
    Jemima Jones Beck

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    I had the same hair doo in high school! lol! When I think about it now, I can't believe how much hair spray I use to go through.

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Jemima Jones Beck said…

    Norman, Mom and I posted our "Cool" picture just now. It really doesn't live up to Woman's standard, but we tried!
    Jemima Jones Beck

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Pug(s) and Bugg said…

    POSTED!

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger Swampgirl said…

    I, also, had that hair - but I was much older than 10th grade. Old enough to know better! What year was that?

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Oh my stars!!! I'm not sure I can outdo that.

     
  • At 1:10 AM, Blogger AM said…

    Wow. I noticed your date's hair right away too! Very chic.

    Im not sure if I would have had anything that would be on par with your Woman's picture. Anyway, most of my old memory pictures were sent to storage for the next two years. Sigh. I will have fun seeing everyone elses pics though!

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger KC said…

    Hey Norman, Let the competition begin. Love your blog by the way, and I'm sure you'd love my niece's pug Zoey. She is a full figured gal with loads of personality. You can check her out if you scroll down my blog a bit.

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Uh, mom doesn't stand a chance. She was never, EVER cool. But we will see what we can come up with.

    Roxy

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    Oh my!!

    I remember sun in! And permed hair!

    I need to see if any of my pictures made the move. Maybe my mom has some.

    Isn't it funny how we think we looked so hot? And then had people take a picture of it. Yikes!

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said…

    Oh my..that my friend is 1980's for sure! I have the same hair when I was in highschool....yiyi
    lets sww ehat I can pull up...nothing as good as yours tho!

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said…

    Oh my..that my friend is 1980's for sure! I have the same hair when I was in highschool....yiyi
    lets sww ehat I can pull up...nothing as good as yours tho!

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Eduardo said…

    Posted!
    Hugs & Snugs
    Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Swampgirl said…

    Mine is going up tonight!

     
  • At 1:38 AM, Blogger a bebe-shaped friend said…

    oh my word! haha... i've been reading this blog for over a year and i don't usually comment, but i had to comment on this one!!! looove the hot pink.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home