Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

My Baby!

I'm sure you're all familiar with the old Bugs Bunny cartoon, "Apes of Wrath," where the stork mistakenly delivers Bugs to an ape family. The Mama ape just LOVES Bugs and calls him, "My Baby!" in a squeaky voice while the Daddy ape lurches about beating his chest at Bugs in anger. Well, that scene is a lot like our house on most days. It's quite hysterical, even without Bugs Bunny there to move the plot along, and dang do I look good in a baby bonnet.

So, since I am Woman's baby, she gives me things you would give a baby. For example, Woman's Mom crocheted her this blanket one year for Christmas.

tammy-with-crocheted-blanket '97

If you enlarge that photo, not only will you get a glimpse into Woman's childhood living room, but also see that on that Christmas day in 1997, it was -4 degrees with the wind chill factor. Yikes! Ohio is a cold hard place.

Guess who owns the handmade Mom blanket now? It's me!

norman naps on his blanket lump

I lay on it all day while I work. It's my baby blanket, because I'm Her Baby!! Ian is leaping around the room beating his chest right now. LOL! In case you're concerned about this blanket, don't be - I take very good care of it.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger Eduardo said…

    Thats what I'm talking about! My home is the same way! I lay on my Mommy's robe, minding my on(Mommy giving me kisses saying, "my sweet baby")! While Daddy is running around the house beating his cheast! Ugh, Daddys! You lay on that blanket dude & enjoy being the baby! Thats what we are & we like it!
    Hugs & Snugs
    Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha That's cute and I know what you mean. My mom call Gus and Indy my babies and well they are!

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Frances Louise said…

    Pugs are bred to be cuddled and spoiled!!

    Hey is that a non-pug breed I spy in the lower right corner of that photo?

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    We actually have that very episode on a video tape! It's a hoot!

    That blanket looks very warm :)

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Clover said…

    Hi Norman!!
    Happy New Year! (I am behind.)
    My mom remembers that episode! So funny.
    I enjoyed catching up on your Holidays - looks like you had a great time!
    Congrats to Woman on her certification!
    Love Clover xo

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Well, we are mom's other babies, so it is good you have the blanket. As long as Ian doesn't run around the house going "kill the wabbit" we think woman is safe.

    Roxy

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is the way to go!
    lovely blanket by the way...you have nice taste!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home