Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Friday, December 19, 2008

Glitter Bird

It's time for the annual Christmas Tree tour with me, your host, Goodboy Norman Featherstone.

norman with the christmas tree 2008

Woman added a new theme to the Christmas Tree this year, the "glittery bird" theme. Here is the main focus of the glitter bird grouping, "THE" Glitter Bird herself. She's a big gal with tail feathers that span no less than 4 inches. Check out all that glitter! I couldn't be more garish if I tried!

glitter bird christmas ornament

Woman rounded out the glitter bird theme with a three-pack of red glass glittery birds that clip onto the branches. She was pretty excited about these ornaments, especially since she got them for 40% off during Black Friday at Michael's.

This guy looks like he's about to catch himself a tasty bug for breakfast.

still glittery, but not as glittery as glitter bird

This one seems to be inquiring about a noise he heard down below. Perhaps it was the Tinkerbell ornament playing a trick on him.

another glittery bird

And this one is just staring off into space wondering where his life went wrong. It's a tough life being locked in a dark box 335 days out of the year then perched atop a Christmas tree branch with hot lights burning your rear end all day and night. Poor glittery birds.

I really like these glittery birds

Here's the best ornament - it's ME with SANTA!

norman's ornament

I'm ready to open these presents already.

norman posing with presents

Christmas is less than a week away! I'm not good at measuring time, so I keep expecting to wake up and get to open presents. It hasn't happened yet though.

Do you need a last minute gift idea? How about a donation to the local SPCA, humane society or IFAW? You could also bake some cookies, muffins or mini loaves of tasty bread like banana nut! Most everyone likes handmade gifts like baked goods, except kids. They just want TOYS TOYS TOYS!

If you're wondering what gifts are hot this year, I'll tell you what was the most popular at our Secret Santa exchange. First, there was this silver flask that everyone tried to steal. Once that was locked down, everyone wanted the 12 pack of wine glasses with the bottle of organic wine, and once that was sealed in with its owner, everyone wanted some handmade decorative bowl. People are weird, but maybe those are some good ideas for you. Good luck with your last minute shopping everyone!

18 Comments:

  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Rosie said…

    Norman, You are a goodboy for being patient and not opening those presents. My mommy won't even put any under the tree because I cannot resist ripping the paper into shreds.

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    You're my kind of girl Rosie!

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Those are some great ornaments AND great gift ideas! Thanks, Norman - you are so helpful.

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Harry Pugalicious said…

    Cool birds, Norman! You looks really excited sitting in front of that tree.

    You asked about my pressies, I have not gots any pressies yet. My mom just bought me a scarf so I would look festive during the season. We gets cookies from Generation Dog a lot of the times cause I's a good boy!

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Salinger The Pug said…

    LOL! The glittery bird wondered where his life went wrong! HAHAHA!

    We agree...our favorite ornament is also the one of YOU with Santa!

    I'm going to see Santa Paws at PetSmart tomorrow and I'm so excited! I'm asking him for a talking ball and a new coat!

    What do YOU want for Christmas Norman?

    Love,
    S-Dog

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Awesome photos!!! As soon as I put my tree up I'll take photos of it, too!!

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    I love the Glitter Birds! I also like to do an over all tree theme to tie things all together. This year it's a paper chain garland made with Christmas paper.

    Lame, cheep but cute.

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Norman, I love glitter ornaments. Thanks for the tour of your tree.

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heh, Norman: in those pictures of you and The People, every single time they're looking at the camera you're looking downwards. And the one time you DO look at the camera, they're looking at each other!

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    Norman, around here the Pug barks his fool head off at the birds. I am glad you are more tolerant.

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger Swampgirl said…

    I LOVE your glitter birds, Norman. You are so lucky! Due to the Evil Kitten at our house our birds had to stay packed up this year. That d@*% cat can smell a feather a mile away. She grabs them and runs through the house growling!

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger Brutus and Miley said…

    Hey glitter boy, we left you an award, check our our blog!

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Too Cute Pugs said…

    Norman,

    Oooh, we love your tree and your glittery bird. We understand how hard it is to wait and how time works. We hope you get great presents!

    Pug love from,
    Pearl & Daisy

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Clover said…

    Hi Norman!
    Your tree is beautiful! I liked your comments about those birds - you are so insightful! :)
    Thanks for the Christmas gift ideas too!
    Love Clover xo

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Norman, that's a nice tree. Did you eat the bird? Just curious, and just a little jealous, cuz that bird looks delishush.
    your good pal,
    Howard Pee

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Norman; Your tree is very beautiful! Those are some great gift ideas too. I can't wait to open presents too!! XOXO Peanut

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Your tree is very pretty Norman! I love that glitter bird...but then I do have a "red" thing.

    I LOVED the cookies you made me. You did a great job, did Woman help you?

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Punchy - I made the brown swirly ones myself, and Woman picked them up and bagged them for me. Can you tell I made them? They're recycled!! I don't like to waste things.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home