Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Monday, December 01, 2008

Turkey Time!

I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. I certainly did! I got turkey and mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes!

Here I am in my holiday jacket, getting ready to go to Gammy's. You like those snowmen??

norman in his holiday jacket

Check out this feast! I always stand under Michael Rayl's feet while he carves the turkey. You'd probably be surprised by the amount that "accidentally" falls to the ground!

thanksgiving dinner

I love me some Thanksgiving dinner!

norman at thanksgiving

Here are the pies Woman baked.

Lemon Meringue pie from scratch. Do you know that egg yolks are what give the pie its color? That fact grossed Ian out. He hates eggs.

lemon meringue pie

Pecan pie from scratch. Woman was pretty happy with this recipe. It set up nicely, but she said it was a tad too sweet. I'm not sure pecan pie can actually be too sweet though. It's corn syrup and brown sugar. How can that be not sweet??

pecan pie

I hear the pies were very good. I did not get any taste though. Woman said sweet potatoes were my dessert. Oh well...

The People were at World Market the night before Thanksgiving, and the checkout clerk gave them these chocolate turkeys for free.

chocolate turkeys

He said they couldn't sell them after Thanksgiving, so he was giving them away! The People used them to decorate the place settings for the special Thanksgiving meal. Pretty cool stuff I bet, you know, if you are a human!

17 Comments:

  • At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Thanksgiving! Woman's pies look fabulous!! I have always wanted to make pecan pie.. is it hard?

    I love your festive Jacket Norman!

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Pecan pie is not difficult to make, but Woman has had trouble with the filling being too runny. It might have just been because we lived in Mobile and the humidity kept the filling too wet. Her filling this year was good she said.

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger AM said…

    Free chocolate Turkeys?! WOW.

    You do look very handsome and dashing in your winter coat. There was a lemon meringue pie at our THanksgiving, but I didnt get a piece of it. Very very sad.

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    those pies look great. I made a sweet potato pie from scratch for our Thanksgiving. It was the first time I had tried the recipe, which is a big no-no for me, but it turned out delicious!!

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Page said…

    Norman, you look very handsome in your winter attire.

    I didn't know eggs make the merigne (wow, did I just butcher that word) yellow. I learned something new today. That pecan pie looks delicious. I love pecan pie.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Actually, egg yolks make the filling yellow, not the meringue. The meringue is white from the egg whites and sugar.

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Eduardo said…

    Those pies look so good! All the food looks great!
    Hugs & Snugs
    Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said…

    Hey Norman... Loving your Holiday jacket! you are one Sharp looking fella!

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Norman, glad to see your still stylin' in your jacket! Those pies look AMAZING! Simply AMAZING! Chocolate turkeys? I saw turkey shaped butter...I wonder if they can sell those after Thanksgiving??????

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger Magnolia Sun said…

    Pecan pie is one of my favorites and you gotta love free stuff.

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Oh, mom is drooling over the pies. You better look out, or Ninja pug will come get them from you. hee hee

    Roxy

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger Tami said…

    Did you wear your cute jacket all day? Guido gets so hot in any clothing. He never ends up wearing anything more than 1/2 an hour!

    All of the food looks delicious! I cannot imagine Woman eating any of it! I guess if you eat one plate like you are supposed to it isn't that bad .... I had two plate fulls though!

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Pam said…

    Norman, you look so handsome in your holiday jacket! Tell your woman that those are some scruptious looking pies. Also, what a score on some free stuff at World Market.

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Turkey butter sounds really cool. I bet they don't sell them after THanksgiving. Maybe you can score a deal on those Punchy!

    I only wear my jacket to and from my destination. I get hot also!!

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    Normie it is truly amazing how much stuff hits the floor on Thanksgiving. There were many drops and spills, all quickly 'mopped' up by Frank and Maya B. They are so thorough.

    I loved making pies! I haven't really made a from scratch pie in a long time. The meringue looked perfect. I've never made on but I hear they can be tricky.

    Good job Normans woman!

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Nevis said…

    I made pie, too! It was a cheesecake, pumpkin and cinnimon-pecan streusal pie. It was TOTALLY awesomely delicious!

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, your pug is adorable! Love your blog...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home