Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Millionty Presents!

A lot went on during Christmas, but I'll start with the best part - the presents! I LOVE to open presents, and there was no shortage of them this year. Woman said we got more presents this year than ever before! It was pretty great.

Here I am on Christmas morning waiting patiently to open a present.

norman opening a present

Check me out ripping into this one!

norman is grease lightning

This was my favorite present - KIT-TAY!! He looks just like Hootie, except he's pink and has a tail and is a cat instead of an owl. Other than that - they're the same!

kit-tay!!

On Christmas Eve, I got toothpaste and a toothbrush from Kari. I was not amused. Woman brushed my teeth last night. Not fun.

norman with a present

Opening presents is hard work!

norman loves christmas!

Apart from opening presents, I also enjoy delivering presents and helping open them.

norman delivers gifts

And I don't mind posing for the occasional picture with Mr. Ian.

norman and ian

The People got like 50 million presents, so please try to stay awake for the rest of the post.

Woman got this great new coffee mug and loose tea holder from New Morning Gallery. Well, it was from Ian, but he got it at the New Morning Gallery.

presents!

She also got a seedling heat mat (to help germinate seeds faster), a subscription to an almanac, and a book on self-sufficiency that is going to get Ian into more work that he had expected I'm sure. There is talk of a goat in his future. I'm not sure he knows that though.

presents!

And on the entertainment front, she got Seinfeld season 9 and an AC/DC CD. Woman used to LOATHE AC/DC, but she says it's awesome workout music, and now she likes to rock out to it. Strange Woman.

presents!

As if all those presents weren't enough, she also got this sleek new iPod!

new ipod!

Let's see what she's got on that thing - oh yuck! Body Pump music. Gag...

new ipod!

Ian got some presents too - a gas cooker to brew his beer faster, a book on growing your own beer ingredients, a book of beer recipes, The Muppet Show season 1 (which is pretty rockin'), a cool looking bottle cap opener and a metal pan thingy for cooking and stuff (although I'm sure I won't get any bites).

presents!

He also got this super music stand!

music stand

The People got lots of presents at the Gammy's too! Edward and Tia got them those two books, which they love. The Gammy got them that brownie pan, game, camera and chopstick set, and the Whitola got them those stylish plates!

presents!

Woman's favorite gift from the Gammy were these vintage ornaments. This year brought some sadness when "The Old Man on Gammy's Mountain", Alvin, passed away. Alvin was Ian's Stepdad's Stepuncle, if there is such a thing. Alvin and Gammy were very close, and when he passed away, she was given these ornaments from his estate. Knowing how much Woman loves vintage ornaments, Gammy gave them to Woman! Isn't that sweet of her? Woman was happy to add them to her collection from her Mom's Christmas tree this year.

vintage ornaments

They're not edible, so I'm not really into them.

norman with ornaments

Woman also got a gift card that she's quite eager to spend!

bb barns gift card

Michael and Danita gave the People this fabulous Pug birdbath! I sit in the middle of it, and the birds bathe around me. Pretty cool. I can't wait to try it out!

bird bath with pug

Look at what the People made for Christmas breakfast! Oh yummy! I got some bites of that sausage - right off the fork! I eat off forks now!!

christmas breakfast

This is a terrine. It's a new Christmas specialty.

terrine

Our Christmas was pretty great! What did you all get for Christmas? I'm just whining to know!

Oh yeah, and here is our official 2008 Christmas photo! I'm such a cool dog.

ChristmasPic08

14 Comments:

  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Harry Pugalicious said…

    You's looking super-fly in that last photo, Norman! Great gifts! My girlfriends gots a kit-tay but it's not a hootie or a kit-tay, I thinks it's a piggie. I loves playing with it!

    My mom wants to know what that cool drink was your people had at their party with the caramel (looks like caramel) swirlies. She's having some peoples over tonight for post-Christmas cocktails so I can wear my snowman tie.

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Wow, you all had a present-riffic holiday! Love that pug bird bath. I think that would make a neat stool for you right in the middle of the garden! The food looks great, too. I love seeing the old ornaments.

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    Love your Christmas picture!!

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    Congratulations on your haul Norman, looks like you were a good boy! Fantastic Christmas picture, well done!

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Page said…

    So much stuff!! Whoo hoo! (Except for the toothbrush and paste, of course.)

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    I think my favorite things out of everything the people got would be the bottle cap opener - too cool - and the vintage ornaments. I also collect vintage ornaments.

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Rosie said…

    Love the photo - very cool!

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    Great presents! I love the tea holder and mug that the Woman received.

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Page said…

    ah hem!! Your email is bouncing back that you will be out until next week?!? What the crap is that about??? ;)

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Wow, you guys hit the jackpot with gifts! Love, the Pug Birdbath and the vintage ornaments!!!

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger AM said…

    That is a GREAT picture of all of you! I loved hearing about all that you got! Good Christmas INDEED.

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Lynne Daley said…

    Looks like you had a blast for Christmas. I loved looking at the photos. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm pleased you made and liked the terrine.

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooh look at all these cool presents!! And kit-tay! is awesome :)

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Zane Wooder said…

    You spoil that dog! He wasn't very happy about the toothbrush I don't blame him. My dog hates getting her teeth brushed too. We give her bones now because that can help her clean her teeth.

    -Zane of ontario honey

     

Post a Comment

<< Home