Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Not a Tumor

Woman here ...

Mr. Shnookle (that's one of Norman's names) had to go to the Vet today to have a suspicious lump checked out. Our friend Lyn, who is a Vet, picked him up this morning and took him away. It's always sad for me to be without him in the house all day. I keep looking for him and talking to him and expecting to trip over him. It's weird to pee alone. Yes, I meant to type "pee" there. Norman doesn't let me use the bathroom by myself.

Lyn called this morning and said the lump does not appear to have mast cells in it, but with his history of mast cell tumors, she is going to send it to the pathologist. It's most likely just a fatty little growth, but we want to be sure. So, keep your paws crossed, and if you've got fingers, cross those too!

In other news, Ian has been nominated for a Threadless Bestee award again this year! Go to this link to vote. His design is "I Wish I Were." There's $20k at stake here, so your vote would be much appreciated!

13 Comments:

  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Nevis said…

    I'll definatly keep Mr. Norman in my prayers! (((hugz)))

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger "M" said…

    Cool work by Ian. Norman is in my thoughts and prayers!

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Harry Pugalicious said…

    Yay! I hopes the vet person is right. Mom says I gots lots of fatty growths.. I think I should be insulted.

    I don't let my Mom pee alone either. Never let the Mom out of site - Pug Rule #1!!!!

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Jemima Jones Beck said…

    We voted for Ian and we hope that he gets the 20k AND that Norman's lump really is just fat!
    Love,
    Jemima Jones Beck

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Page said…

    Definitely voting for Ian!! I know how you feel about being away from your pug(s) all day....I'm so glad he's back and it's nothing serious. I'm sure the path report will be fine as well. But, just in case, I've crossed all my fingers and toes!!

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger kristie said…

    fingers and kitty paws crossed over here that the tumor thingie is just fatty tissue.

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Clover said…

    Keeping our fingers and paws crossed Norman.
    Love Clover xo

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Lots of fingers and paw crossing going on here for Norman. I must go vote for Ian!

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    Toes and fingers crossed here that all is okay.

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Blogger Tami said…

    I hope very much that it is only a fatty place on Norman. He is so sweet. I know you missed him!
    I voted for Ian's design .... little devil!

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Keeping our paws and fingers crossed for no icky-lump stuff, Norman. Clementine has to go in tomorrow for what I suspect is another UTI....fun stuff.....

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    Oh I hope she's right. Hope it's nothing serious.

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    If mom is alone she doesn't even bother shutting the bathroom door because she knows I will just push it open. Sometimes I even jump on her lap when she's doing her business. Aren't I funny?

    Roxy

    PS We are glad Norman doesn't have a tumor.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home