Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Rib OUT OF a Blanket!

The last time Copper and Chloe spent the weekend at our house Chloe devoured my rib in a blanket in what seemed like one swift bite, and it made me sad. A rib in a blanket is a dog treat you can buy at the store. It's like the human treat "pig in a blanket", except it's a real rib wrapped in a raw hide instead of a mini-weiner wrapped in a pillsbury dough boy croissant. So, since my rib in a blanket has been gone for a long time now, Woman finally remembered to get me a new one a couple days ago. I chewed it a little bit every now and then, you know, just enough to get it gooey so it grossed Woman out when she accidentally stepped on it. But the other night everything changed when I got the rib OUT of the blanket! Woo-hoo! Now I chew on it all day long, being careful not to chew too much off at a time, because I want to make it last. I never know when I'll get another one. Ian hates listening to me chew on things, so he puts his ear buds in. Haha! I hope this thing lasts a long time, because it keeps him quiet!

Here is a picture of Chloe, me and Copper at my house. Chloe is the one on the left. This is their bed. If you tell them to go to their bed, they do. What saps.

chloe_norman_copper_5_2007_a

Chloe and Copper did not have much fun at our house, because I was pretty much mean to them the whole time. What do you expect when you waltz into my house and eat my rib in a blanket, eh?

Copper tromped around in Woman's perennial garden trying to get a vole. This really ticked Woman off. She had to construct a fence around the garden to keep him out. She says he can't be trusted.

Chloe escaped into the neighbor's yard twice trying to get at the squirrels. At first we thought she jumped the fence, but then we watched really closely and saw that she was rolling under the fence. There is a small gap between the fence and the yard, and she was able to wedge herself between the gap and roll right under the fence! She was so proud of herself whem she made her way into the neighbor's yard. She was prancing around like a giant poodle that just won the big dog show! Woman staked the fence down with some bamboo stakes and she was not able to do it again. What a clever little escape artist. I still hold a grudge about the rib in a blanket thing though.

10 Comments:

  • At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ian had the same problem when I ate carrots in college. I wish I had thought to train him to wear ear plugs.

    Dooley spent a few weeks "testing" the integrity of our new fence. He was able to roll under a spot or two, but the real challenge started when he began to dig. I had to line the yard with 200 heavy "castle wall" landscaping bricks.

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Christine & Giggs said…

    Tony hates the sound of Giggs chewing too. I just block it out, but it does gross me out when I accidentally step on a chewy, I feel ya on that one. Ew!

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Page said…

    Oh, yes, the classic I-Just-Stepped-On-A-Slimey-Chew-Toy-And-Now-Super-Grossed-Out. It happens frequently at our house as well.

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger L said…

    Oh man, I hate stepping on sloppy dog treats!!! Blech!!!

    You can't steal a dog's chew though, I mean, that's pretty much the worst thing you can do to a fellow pup!

     
  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said…

    Do you wants us to come and pee on them? We will you know.

    Your pal, Pugsley

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    I think it is very nice of you and the Woman to have furry friends over and not just one furry friend, but two! That must have been a lot of work for the Woman. You better be nice to her and give her lots of kisses. Maybe then she will remember to buy more ribs in blankets ;)

     
  • At 12:32 AM, Blogger Ronin_The_Pug said…

    Hahahaha! Norman, you are so funny! I totally understand you; I hate when some doggy takes my possessions... sticks, raw hide bones, toys… I’m on your side!

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Where does your woman buy the rub in a blanket treats? They sound like something Nappy and maggie would like.

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    PetSmart!

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught said…

    so - they go to bed .... when the human says so? We agree - saps!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home