Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Bad Host

I'm still feeling really sad about Tiny and ChiChi, but I know my blog must go on, so here we go. Tiny and ChiChi, this post is for you...

Woman says I am a really bad host when other dogs come over to my house. Like last week Buddy came over to play with me, and Woman said I was really rude to him, because I kept taking his toy. I tried to explain to her that any toy that is brought into my house is my toy, regardless of who "owned" it before stepping through the door. She says I have no interest in a toy unless another dog has it, and then I steal it. She says this is wrong. I say this is competitiveness. Isn't that how soccer and basketball are played? The opponent has the toy, and you try to take the toy? Right?

So anyway, here is a video of me "stealing" the toy from Buddy. Note my awesome strategy of not overworking myself. I let Buddy do all the leg work, then I just take the toy from him and get all the praise from Woman for being the winner. Woo-hoo for me! Sorry that the video is sideways. Woman doesn't know how to flip it around.



That dude throwing the "Chuckit" is Buddy's owner, Nate. He's ok, but he's not a Pug lover. He says he doesn't usually like Pugs, but that I am a pretty cool one. Hmmm ... I know I am cool, but how could you not love all Pugs? He gets a C-.

Here I am showing off my reward, Buddy's "Chuckit." It's a pretty cool toy, but Woman is right - I would have no interest in it if Buddy wasn't trying to catch it. Hehehe!

norman_chuckit_7_2007_c

Here's a picture of Buddy tattling on me to Nate. What a whiner.

buddy_7_2007_a

So the moral of this story is to check your toys at the door. Otherwise, I'm keepin' em!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger AM said…

    Im jealous of the grass in the above picture. It looks healthy, lush and like it doesnt lay ontop of a bed for bright red clay soil. We moved from the sandhills to the Upstate (I guess?) and the different is sand soil to clay soil. And the additon of massive amounts of fire ants. Not for playing in the yard.

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Fire ants are very bad. Our grass is not all that lush right now. We had 6 weeks of drought followed by a long period of heavy rain. Our grass has big brown patches and is all soggy! Also not great to play in, but not as bad as fire ants.

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Oh, Norman, I know exactly what you are saying about only wanting the toy if another wants it, too. When ChiChi and Tiny were little, Tiny would have a favorite toy and chichi didn't care much for toys...so ChiChi would grab Tiny's toy and parade it around just to get Tiny fired up! We would laugh because it was so funny. Nate just needs to spend more time with you and he will learn the powers of the PUG. He cannot resist. Do you know Pyrite the pug? His new baby brother is named Ian! Can you believe it? I bet your Ian will be happy to know that! Somebody needs to name their human baby Chewbear!

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger L said…

    Haha, you look like a wonderful host to me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home