Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Monday, July 09, 2007

Snuggle Pug Medicine

The People have been very sick for the past couple days. They apparently caught some sort of flu-like virus at a 4th of July party they attended without me (serves them right). So, I have had to play Dr. Pug to help them get better.

Friday was the worst day, because neither of the People could stand for more than 30 seconds without collapsing, and walking was completely out of the question. I say it was the worst day as in worst for me. You see, I was out of cooked hamburger for my breakfast, and the People could not stand long enough to cook me some, so all I got for breakfast was raw broccoli! Ugh! Just broccoli! I looked at Ian like he was a crazy man when he served me this dish, but he didn't care much what I thought. He was sick after all. Woman was in the bathroom "refunding" her curry from the previous night, so I wasn't getting any sympathy from her either.

After eating my broccoli, I snuggled on the couch with Woman while Ian slept in the bed. Usually my snuggles help Woman feel better, but she had a fever and said her skin hurt to be touched, so I mostly had to stay at her feet. The People slept until 3pm! Woman was finally able to eat some food again later in the day, so Ian ordered some Miso soup from a Japanese restaurant that delivers, because neither of them could make any food for themselves. Ian was able to stand for about 5 minutes and cook me up some hamburger for dinner though! I was quite pleased.

Woman was still sick Saturday and Sunday, but Ian was mostly well. Woman and I snuggled ALL WEEKEND on the couch. It was super duper. She still looks a little sick today. I think she should stop that "typing" thing she does all day and come back to the couch with me...

8 Comments:

  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Only broccoli for breakfast! That is craziness. I sure hope your people are feeling much better so you can get a square meal Norman. I'm sorry your people had a rough week but at least you got your snuggle time in.

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Norman, good thing you were there to help them get through that virus. Broccoli...umm...no thanks. but hamburger sounds pretty good.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Page said…

    Tell the Woman and Ian that we hope they feel better soon! Oh, and Norman, you are lucky! When I am sick or Rob is sick, the pugs go in the crate!! It sounds mean, but we just can't take the two of the bouncing all over us when we're sick, but fortunately, it doesn't happen very often!!

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger L said…

    I hope the woman and man get better soon! I was sick a few weeks ago when it was nice outside and it sucked!!!

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger AM said…

    Im sorry your people are sick! And you're right, that will teach them to go to a big party without you! Poor little guy. I assume you got extra hamburger at dinner?

    Keep up the snuggles, I am sure you are being a good caretaker to them.

     
  • At 1:52 AM, Blogger Ronin_The_Pug said…

    Oh Norman you are such a smart little helper! So nice of you! I hope your humans will get better very soon!
    Hugs and kisses 4 all!

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    Hope your humans get better real soon. Poor puggy, raw broccoli! What up? Take good care of them Norman.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Duke and Gidget said…

    Oh Norman, you're such a good boy for helping The Woman to get well. A pug really is the best medicine.

    ~Pug Hugs~
    Duke & Gidget

     

Post a Comment

<< Home