Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Time Apart

This weekend Woman and I were snuggling on the couch after doing some hard work out in the garden. She was trying to install garden cloth in the paths that outline the garden beds because the grass keeps growing back, but that didn't work, so she ended up just mowing the paths instead. I was, like usual, great help to her in accomplishing her goals. So, like I said, we were snuggling after a hard day's work, and maybe I was chewing my paw or licking the pillow or something mouth-related when the Woman said, "Norman, I think we need some time apart." I have been trying to figure out what that means ever since.

I checked on Ebay, but I could not find any "time apart" being listed. I also checked Amazon, but still nothing. I kind of understand what "time" is. Like, Woman and I have "snuggle time" quite frequently, and "bed time" comes around every night, but I do not understand this "apart" word. I think maybe it means "separate." She wants to separate time or maybe split time? Maybe she wants to make time with me - oh my! That could explain why I couldn't find it on Ebay. Don't tell Ian what Woman is planning or he might get jealous!

7 Comments:

  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Page said…

    Aw, Norman....why does the Woman need time apart?? Do you snore too loudly? Or, maybe the incessant licking is driving her crazy? (I can relate to all!) Whatever the case, make sure she knows no pug will ever be separated from their human. You know your role! You must now lay on her every second you get...not just in the same room, but ON her at all times! This is Winnie and Sela's method, and somehow it works every time...(I've forgotten what it's like to lay on a couch without a little furry body (or two) draped all over me.)

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger AM said…

    Maybe she didnt finish her though. Maybe she was going to say "from Ian". Like you and Your woman are going away together on a secret vacation!

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger L said…

    Time apart?! Oh noes!

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Duke and Gidget said…

    We're not sure Norman, but we think that by splitting time The Woman meant she wants to spend more time with you, and less time with Ian. That's the only thing that could possibly make sense to us.

    ~Pug Hugs~

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Winston said…

    Hey Norman,
    I agree with the others, it looks like Mr. Ian is getting the boot. The only other alternative is that the Woman finally lost it completely, but even crazy people love their pugs too much to "take a break" from them.

    The Grand Duke

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    How sad! Time apart from Norman's point of view will be hard. He will be one sad pug.

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said…

    Time apart, wow, we not know about that time part thing. Maybe she be joking.

    xoxoPugsley, Buster and Cricket

     

Post a Comment

<< Home