Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Atkins Diet

I have been on a cancer dog diet of hamburger and broccoli for the past 4 months. A lot of people have been telling the People that I am getting too thin and that my ribs are showing. The People haven't really noticed, because they see me every day, and the weight loss has been very gradual. It occurred to the Woman the other night that of course I am losing weight - I am on the Atkins diet! She decided to add some carbs back into my diet to help me bulk up. She's also hoping it helps with my attitude problem, assuming I'm being a bad dog because I crave carbs. Also, my Atkins diet costs about $10 a week, and when you add that to the cost of all my supplements, it's getting a little out of control.

So the Woman went to the Pet store looking for a good food for me. I used to eat Purina Pro Plan Lamb and Rice, but since that is the food I was eating when I got my first tumor, she didn't want to go back to that one. She settled for the Bil Jac food. It's mostly chicken parts and corn. (Yes, I did say chicken parts. You don't think they would feed dogs the white breast meat, do you?) I still get my hamburger and broccoli, but only about half as much as I used to get.

I have only been on this new diet for a week, and already my ribs are no longer poking out like some kind of street dog. I'm happy to have some carbs again. Sweet, sweet carbs.

By the way, I haven't blogged lately, because I've been a very bad bad bad dog, and the Woman has had me in time-out. Yeah, I pooped on the floor again.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Time out again???? Oh dear, I'll send Rosie over to go in time out with you...she is naughty TOO!!!!

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Duke and Gidget said…

    Norman, tell the Woman that it could be a lot worse. Duke just chewed up another coffee table. She should be thankful that all you did was poop on the floor.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home