Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Locked Out

Ian threw me out of the bedroom last night for being too loud. Apparently he doesn't appreciate when I munch on myself, but I can't help it! I have itchy flea bites that require me to scratch them, and using my mouth is the most effective way to satisfy that itch! Can you believe I had to sleep in the hall last night? The nerve of him!!

I recently got fleas while visiting the Gammy's house. Woman says I need to stay out of the woods at the Gammy's, because that is where fleas live. Why they want to attach themselves to my body and leave their perfectly nice wooded homes is beyond me, but it was apparent to Woman that I had contracted fleas when I began scratching like a mad dog and biting ferociously at my hind quarters. Woman promptly bathed me and applied the Frontline poison to my neck area, but I still have the itches!! I guess they nibbled a lot on me and left itchy welts. Woman assures me I will stop itching soon, and I hope she is right!

10 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Frances Louise said…

    How rude of Ian to throw you out of your proper place in the bedroom? Wonder how he would handle being bitten by fleas, eh?

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    That is terrible! As if having the itches and catching the fleas wasn't enough, you get tossed out of your bed? Hmmmm I think a special "Gift" is in order.

    Roxy

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Jemima Jones Beck said…

    Oh! No! Poor Norman!
    Being forced to sleep in the hall just adds to the indignity of having fleas!
    Sometimes, if its really hot, and I pant to loudly, Mom kicks me off of the bed for being, and I quote, "so damn lound that you sound like a hippo in heat".
    Love,
    Jemima Jones Beck

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    I’m really surprised you did not scratch at the door or cry all night. Being alone in the hall is a sad place to be.
    When we first started using Frontline, it took a full three months for it to take effect, so don’t give up on it; it does work.

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Page said…

    Oh, poor Norman! I do have to admit, though, that the sound of munching from the pugs drives me CRAZY! But, if I tried to kick them out into the hallway I would be listening to desperate cries all night. Which, of course, is even more torture. Tell the Woman and Ian that I give Winnie one tablet of Benadryl if his biting gets severe (he bites his feet). One adult Benadryl pill will calm you down for a bit. In more ways than one!

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh no you poor guy!!
    I hope they itching stops soon!!

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Clover said…

    Oh no, that was pretty insensitive of Ian. I hope your itchies stop soon!!
    Love Clover xo
    P.S. Doodle bug does look kind of cute, it's too bad she is crazy. I hope you become friends at some point...

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Aww...poor Norman!!!

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger kristie said…

    norman, ian is SUCH a meanie! i would completely understand if you pee'd in his shoes everyday. my sophie (who is a cat) gets the itchies once per year - i hate to give her the 'poison' steroid shot so this year we toughed it out and gave her human clortrimiton (?) tablets...for your size it'd be about a half a pill twice per day. it helps her not itch so much. she chews ALL the fur off of her legs incessantly 24 hours a day until they are totally nekkid. but she's weird like that - at least you have the flea excuse.

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Too Cute Pugs said…

    Oh, mean old Ian! Just wait until he gets fleas and then you can put him in the hall to sleep.

    We hope your itchies get better. I (Pearl) had fleas a couple of years ago. I finally had to go on Benadryl (our vet told us too) because I wouldn't stop itching. Fleas are almost as mean as Ian!

    Pug love from,
    Pearl & Daisy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home