Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Friday, June 27, 2008

Free Range Pug

Since I have been a puppy, the People have had to "lock me up" when they leave the house. They tried to let me roam the house once when I was younger, and I peed on the couch, thereby proving myself to be untrustworthy. When I was a puppy, I had to be locked up any time I was separated from the People, even if it was while they showered or ran to the car, because again, I peed on the couch when left to my own devices. When we lived in apartments in Mobile and Asheville, I was corralled in the kitchen with a baby gate. In the house we live in now, I get corralled in the hallway with a baby gate, but I also have access to the spare room. This room has a window, which is nice. In the other situations, I never had my own window, so these are luxury accommodations to me.

The People recently decided to test my seven-year-old trustability since they have not tested me in a good long while. I'm a pretty smart Pug, and I know not to pee on things, but I'm not all that trustworthy, as I have a pretty deep evil streak. Woman is happy to report that she has allowed me to roam the house on two separate occasions for no less than two hours each time, and I did not pee on anything! So now I am a free range Pug! Woo-hoo! It only took 7 years to house train me. I'm advanced you know.

17 Comments:

  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger kristie said…

    norman, i for one never doubted you...i know you only pee on things when it's a necessity - like when ian is mean to you, or woman pays WAY too much attention to other dogs. however, if they were to let you free range for an entire day while they were out having fun - i say pee all you want!

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I ought to do that with the pugs too. Well, put them in close quarters because when they have free range they like to pee on the carpet. No good!

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Giggs was the exact opposite. If we corralled him, we came home to a trashed room sometimes with poop smeared everywhere! He would FREAK OUT!

    When we braved letting him be 'free range' we were pleasantly surprised. He was very good -he'd just sleep! I think it's because he needed to know we were, in fact, not home.

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Clover said…

    Congrats, Norman!! I am not allowed to be free-range. Mom and dad think I will eat everything I can get my paws on, including things that are not food. I have never even wrecked one single thing! I don't know how to get them to trust me!

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Harry Pugalicious said…

    Sometimes I pee on things I'm not supposed to. Like the sofa, and the bathroom rugs. Yesterday I got in lots of trouble because I pooped on the sofa - it's not like I really pooped ON the sofa, there was a sheet over the sofa to protect it from my hair. Not sure what that's about!

    Anyway, Mom has tried baby gates but I barrel through them. I can not be contained!

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Frances Louise said…

    Congratulations on being sprung from the corral! The trick is knowing WHEN to pee on the couch, not IF!

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    I am proud of you Norman!

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    That is very good, Norman. Seven years isn't so long, compared to say .... hmmm, can't think of anything. Well, onto something else. Congrats on being free, remember not to pee!

    Roxy

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Good to hear you're finally getting out of your pampers, Norman. :P

     
  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger Jen and Suki said…

    Nice work, Norman. My parents have been trusting me lately for short amounts of time, never more than an hour or so. I'm only a year though so they're worried I'll eat something bad - I've never been one to do the revenge pee or poo.

     
  • At 12:52 AM, Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught said…

    Good boy Norman! We've let Kritter roam free a few times in the new house and he's been good too...as far as I know.

     
  • At 2:12 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Your a big boy now!

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Too Cute Pugs said…

    Way to go Norman!

    I graduated to a free range pug this past year after 7 years too. Maybe there's something about a puggie turning 7...? Now I stay out when my parents go out but my stinky sister still has to stay in her crate because she's naughty.

    Pug love from,
    Pearl

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Magnolia Sun said…

    Congrats Norman, you must continue to behave so you can be free!

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Well, Norman, this gives me some kind of hope that in the next 5-6 years, I will finally be able to let my puggies out of the kitchen. Haha...good job!

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    yay norman! I know it must have been really difficult to resist though.

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on your Free-range-ness Norman! I will be lucky if I am given free-range privileges by the time I am seven. I don't pee on things, but rather, I eat things, things I probably should not eat.

    XOXO Peanut

     

Post a Comment

<< Home