Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Monday, June 30, 2008

New "Dog" in the Family

Meet Doodle Bug - Whitola's new dog. Doodle Bug also happens to be Whitola's first dog of her very own. Do not be fooled by her seemingly sweet personality. This photo was taken after she had finished terrorizing me all night and had worn herself out.

doodle bug

This Doodle Bug creature may seem like a cute, non-threatening dog, but let me assure you that she is a lunatic. Look at how she tries to mount me like a horse...

norman and doodle bug

Also, she thinks the Gammy is "her" Gammy, when we all know that the Gammy belongs to me.

norman and doodle bug

Even after the thrashing I gave her in this photo, she continues to insist that the Gammy belongs to her. She is a slow learner.

norman and doodle bug

Doodle Bug also dishes out unsolicited and unwelcome kisses. Does Allison look pleased here? I think not.

allison and doodle bug

Whitola said Doodle has to wear a cat harness because she is so small, but I think she wears it because she is, in actuality, a cat. And we all know how distrusting I am of cats.

doodle bug

See??!!?! She also makes this weird noise when she tries to bark that sounds like the noise a cat would make when trying to impersonate a dog. I demand a DNA test!

norman and doodle bug

Woman gave Doodle Bug one of my older beds that I have not yet destroyed. Had I known she was giving it to Doodle Bug, I would have peed on it first. LOL! Maybe in the future Doodle and I can learn to be friends, but right now, she's just too bossy!! She is a Boss Hog Goblin.

15 Comments:

  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Whitney said…

    It's true--she definitely is a Boss Hog Goblin, but she told me that she takes offense at the insinuation that she is a cat. She barked so viciously that I could actually hear her without leaning over to get close.

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Ah, so her "bark" impersonation is getting more convincing then? Good for her. Maybe once she outgrows that cat harness I will believe she is a real dog.

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Whitney said…

    I'll let you know. But what if she doesn't ever outgrow it?

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Then she'll have to prove her dogliness some other way.

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Magnolia Sun said…

    Norman I may have to agree with you, in the last picture she could be mistaken for a cat although a very pretty one.

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger Frances Louise said…

    Well, we all know that if you are not a pug, then you are an inferior dog breed (and should accept it as such!)

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Whitney said…

    I think that she may be part flying squirrel, or perhaps lemur, after her "flying off the back deck" stunt. But she did destroy some of my tissue paper and spread it all over my couch in anger today when I didn't play with her. Does that count for something?

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whoa, that is one small dog! She's so wittle! I'm sort of getting a ferret vibe off of her, haha. Don't let her slip up your pant leg!

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Naked mole rat maybe?

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    You are too funny, Norman. We hope Doodle Bug does finally prove her dogliness, but you may have to learn how to share grammy, too.

    Roxy

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger kristie said…

    norman, i totally think that thing is a cat - in the last picture clearly there is a cat scratching post?!?!?!?! what with your size advantage, you could whomp up on the naked mole rate in a skinny minute - show her who's boss.

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Norman, I hope Doodle Bug soon learns that YOU are the BOSS! Thank you for your nice comment on my bandana, it is new. My Dad says it makes me look like a cowdog :) Happy Canada Day! XOXO Peanut

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Pam said…

    Norman, I have this image in my head now of you and Doodle Bug on some talk show awaiting the DNA testing results. ;)

    Ihope you two can work out some agreement but I don't blame you for being mad that she thinks Gammy is all hers.

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger Jen and Suki said…

    OMD I am not sure I could ever share my mom or g-ma. You're a better pug than I. Good luck with the tiny animal!

     
  • At 1:55 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Norman, I've never seen a doodle bug that looks like that. She is very unusual. Looks like it's going to be fun over at your grammy's!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home