Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Secret Santa / Dirty Santa

Do you all want to do a Secret Santa gift exchange for Christmas? Or maybe we could play an on-line version of Dirty Santa! Don't worry - it's not really dirty! LOL! I know I have a lot of on-line friends, and I'm sure you do too, and although I would love to give each and every one of you a very special gift, I just can't afford it. I could give you all a big sloppy kiss, but still, I would have to pay airfare, and since I used up most of my allowance repairing damaged furniture, you're out of luck.

So, let's see what you all think. Here are my two ideas. Let me know if you like either of these ideas or if you have a better idea of your own! There would be a cash cap on the price of the gifts, maybe $20.

1 - Secret Santa - Everyone who wants to be involved will send me their name and address, and I will randomly match a giver with a receiver and let each giver know the name and address of your receiver. You would then buy a gift for your receiver and send it to them. Pretty simple!

2 - Dirty Santa - Everyone purchases one gift, photographs it, wraps it, then photographs the wrapped gift. You send me the two photographs. I post the photographs of the wrapped gifts on my blog, and randomly assign each person a number. This number is the order in which we will choose gifts. The person with #1 chooses among the gifts, and I "unwrap it" and show you all what it is. The person with #2 then chooses among the gifts, and again, I show you all what it is. Person #2 can keep their gift or "steal" the gift that person #1 chose. This continues until all gifts are unwrapped. Each person who unwraps a gift has the choice to either keep their gift or take the gift from someone who has already unwrapped a gift. When the last gift is unwrapped, person #1 has the opportunity to take any of the gifts that have been unwrapped. You then ship the gift to the person who ultimately won it. Dirty Santa is way fun!

Let me know what you all think!

17 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger AM said…

    I'm IN. I prefer option #1.

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Page said…

    I'll do it! Fun! I think I prefer option 1 as well, but either is fine w/me.

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said…

    Count me in! I am all for #1
    # 2 sounds too complicated...

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger kristie said…

    count me IN!!! i'll go with whichever option the majority chose. thanks for organizing this, it's going to be fun!

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger L said…

    I'm down for that for sure! :0)

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    I'm game for either version! Thanks for organzing!

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Christine & Giggs said…

    I'm in!

    Either option would be fun. #2 seems like a lot of work for you but it is a very fun game heheheh >:)

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Sounds fun. Either version is fine.

    Roxy

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Norman, I'm so sorry...I'm just not in the mood this year so I am going to sit back and watch all you sweet peas have fun doing this! Maybe I'll feel like playing next year. But you can send me that beautiful wooden bowl that had the Halloween candy in it...if you can sneak it out of your house.

     
  • At 1:52 AM, Blogger Frances Louise said…

    Count me in as well for #2. Mommy played that game during her holiday party, except to "steal" the previous gift you had to kiss someone or sing a song.

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Magnolia Sun said…

    That sounds like fun, I've done the dirty santa in person but not sure how it would work on line. Either way is fine for me count in me.

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Oscar said…

    Ooohh! That does sound like fun! I've never done a christmas gift exchange before!

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    Sounds like fun! I'll play along with any version.

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Clover said…

    Oh yes, that does sound fun!! I like either one. I have never played dirty santa and I think we should play it based on the name of the game alone. I LOVE dirt!
    Love Clover xo

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Jen and Suki said…

    I like option #1 and would be totally IN on that game!

    Suki Sumo

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger Patty Nason said…

    Woof! Hello again Mr. Featherstone. Just stopping by to tell you about a cool offer Dogster and Shutterfly have right now - where you can get free photo cards of your little sweetie...check it out!

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    I'm in and willing to do either option.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home