Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Monday, October 29, 2007

Me and Cats - The Inside Story

OK, so some unkind comments were made by me and some fellow Pugs regarding Cats and our personal views of Cats. I admit that I made some comments about eating Cats that were out of line, and although I later retracted those comments, I want to set the record straight and explain why I was so hesitant to accept a Cat / Pug blogger relationship at first.

The first Cat I ever met was actually a wee kitten when I met her. It was the Summer of 2004 at the Gammy's house. The kitten's name was Catface (aka, Tinkerbell). At first Catface was afraid of me, and she hid, but as the days passed, she became more and more brave and finally approached me. I was fascinated by her and took to bathing her like my own little baby. She seemed to like this. We would lounge around the house for hours while I bathed her. Sometimes she would snack on my food, sometimes we would romp. Times were good.

Now, fast forward to Christmas of the same year. Catface is no longer a kitten, but now a young Cat and wants nothing to do with me. She snubs me at every turn, not even taking the time to say Meow. Every now and then she takes a swat at me with her very long and sharp claws, and runs off cackling her cat cackle. I am sad, hurt, abandoned. My only animal friend at the Gammy's has outgrown me and become antagonistic toward me!

Catface is still at the Gammy's house and still treats me quite poorly. She stalks me, then pounces me, then runs away cackling. It's rude. I miss the good old days when I would bathe her. Her fur tasted so yummy.

Despite my bad experience with Catface, I tried to make friends with other cats around the neighborhood, but I received the same claw-drawn welcome. Now, I am terrified of cats. They have razors attached to their paws. I have no razors. They are going to win in a fight, so I stay away from them!

I hope all you cats and cat lovers can see now why I was surprised to see a Cat / Pug blogger relationship. I apologize for being so negative about the possibility that a Cat and Pug can get along in cyberspace, but I am now open to the prospect and welcome all cats with open paws. Please, just don't swat at me or pounce on my back. I'm still a bit uneasy in your presence.

11 Comments:

  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Frances Louise said…

    Wow. Sounds like you have been traumatized by Catface. The best thing to do is to face your abuser, tell her "you can't hurt me anymore", and simply have nothing to do with her anymore. In fact, I find this is good advice to take with all cats -- they are so fickle.

    Stay strong!

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Pam said…

    Norman, I asked my cat trio their advice and they recommended simply bringing treats or catnip as a peace offering. That way no one gets hurt. ;)

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Norman, don't let the furry felines get you down! Our group lives peacefully UNLESS the cat RUNS..it is bedlam after that. Stick to your humans, and other Pugs...you'll be fine!

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Daisy said…

    Norman, I am very sorry that a cat was MEAN to you. That is not right, and I can understand why you might be uneasy around cats. Maybe you can just be friends with all GOOD cats.

    I promise I will never scratch or bite you. I will even share my Temptations treats with you. Well, just one of them.

    Thanks for having an open mind, Norman. You are a Goodboy.

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Clover said…

    Hey Norman,
    That is a sad story about catface... my cousin cat acts the same way with me. I met 2 other cats on the weekend and I chased them (I wanted to play!) and they ran away. So I don't know much about cats...
    Love Clover xo

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Oscar said…

    I understand, Norman. I played with a cat once and she was kind of like that. Except we'd play, but during our play sessions she wouldn't act interested in me. If I came up to her she'd claw at me. But if she came up to me we were fine. I guess she just wanted things to be on her terms. I miss her. She died.

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    I'm sorry your Cat friend died Oscar. That's so sad!

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We had to give our cat to another family because she got mad at Winston all the time and peed on everything. It was insane. I miss having a kitty around though, they are pretty snuggly!

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said…

    Awe, poor Norman. . .you be having cat withdrawal! Let us know if you start having the shakes and we'll come and hold your paw.

    Four Pugz

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Poor Norman, Catface must be crazy not to swoon over you like the rest of us. we want a cat over here but we are afraid cat will not like the pugs and the pugs aren't going anywhere...maybe some day we will have cat and pug living peacefully.

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    That is too funny that you said you wanted to eat a cat! That fur must have been awfully good ... and I live with a cat ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home