Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Friday, October 26, 2007

My Secret Admirer

One of my secret admirers has come out of the closet. Yes, I say one of them, because we all know I must have HUNDREDS of them out there swooning over me as they read my daily posts, biting their nails as they type me up an email, then deleting it because they know I am so much cooler than their email deserves me to be. I am so great! G-R-A-T! I mean, G-R-E-A-T! OK, that was a Simpson's reference I slipped into the conversation for good measure. We get a lot of Simpson's quotes around our house, because the People love the Simpson's, and after all, the Simpson's have done everything, so chances are, anything funny you have to say or might do has been done already on the Simpsons. OK, that was a Southpark reference. Our household isn't full of much original thought. We just sort of spew out memorized lines from our favorite shows and movies as they fit the situation. We don't have personalities here - we are tv-bots, which is odd since we don't have any tv access.

So anyway, one of my admirers has finally come forth to express their deepest devotion to me. Apparently, we have met once for a weekend fling, and this person didn't like me at first, but has come to realize they love me. They want me to refer to them as 'H.'

This isn't a whole lot of information, but the People have been reading Sherlock Holmes lately, and I think I have learned something from his methods. Let's see... A weekend fling, eh? I have had a lot of those. Didn't like me at first, eh? Everyone loves me! I can't imagine someone who didn't like me at first but likes me now. 'H,' eh? Maybe that is their first or last initial?

I can think of two people with first names that start with 'H' and with whom I had a fling that may have extended over a weekend. Hans and Holly. I seriously doubt it is Hans since he did leave me in the house alone for 27 hours straight. That isn't really the type of action a Norman-lover would take. Holly though ... hmmm ... did she despise me? Yes, I guess she did. She tried to steal my Hootie, and then the ball when we were playing fetch outside! Do you know she gets marshmallows as treats? Marshmallows! I do not get marshmallows. I should be the one who despised her! Well, Holly is the only one I can think of. I am guessing it is Holly! I guess we'll have to wait to see if my admirer leaves me another hint!

21 Comments:

  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Hmmm, secret admirer....Your little Pug curiosity must be peeked. You may only take 5 naps today instead of 6? Maybe you'll work on a dreamy face to hook more admirers? Such a casanova! Marshmallows for treats...hope their the mini ones! As for treats, I think you get your share!!! Woof woof!

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger AM said…

    I cant say that Holly did like you at first. She's a loner and doesnt care for others getting all up in her face. ( not that you were "all up in her face", but still ). The pugs bed is in the office...near the computer... Is it possible that Holly has been using the internet at night to keep tabs on you? Possible I suppose, but likely? I dont know..

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Christine & Giggs said…

    Norman, you need to go to 'The Center for Pugs Who Can't Spell Good and Want to Learn Other stuff Too'.

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    I can't spell?

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Oh, I get it. LOL! I be slow.

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Daisy said…

    Dear Goodboy Norman Featherstone,

    I saw your note on Roxy and Lucky's blog about the romance between Lucky and Luxor. I think EVERYBODY could love a cat! Even you! Until you like cats, I am afraid I must call you Badboy Norman Featherstone. OK?

    From,
    Daisy
    the Curly Cat

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Winston said…

    Norman,
    Don't give into that cat's vicious blackmail. Cats are worthless beasts deserving only of contempt. I stand beside your dislike of them. Solidarity Brother!!!

    The Grand Duke

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Oscar said…

    If Holly gets marshmallows as treats and she becomes your lover, then she'll share marshmallows!

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger AM said…

    Hmmm. Holly is NOT one to share!

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Cats are soooooo touchy! I have twice now received comments on my blog because of a comment I made on another Pug's blog regarding cats. LOL! I actually do like cats. I like lickin' 'em and stealin' their food. They also make good appetizers when there are no squirrels around.

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Dear Norman. When mom first started my blog, she didn't know many other pug bloggers, but all of Auntie's cat friends came and visited my blog and were very welcoming and sweet to mom, Lucky and me. So we like the cats. They are my friends. I hope you are my friend, too. I would rather not choose between you because friends are TOO important not to have and the more friends you have, the better your life is when things get tough. (And it has been tough around here, lately, but it's getting better.)
    :)

    Roxy

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Roxy - I'm just teasing the cats. I like them fine. Gammy has a cat, and we play ... well, until she starts playing dirty, but she's alright. I don't care if you are friends with cats. I don't care if you are friends with snakes for that matter!

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Frances Louise said…

    Excellent, a puggy soap opera! This is great since we don't get very many channels here in Alaska. We actually only have four radio stations, and one is Canadian!

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Daisy said…

    Badboy, badboy, badboy
    Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do
    when they come for you?
    Badboy, badboy, badboy!

    ;)

    ::runs away quickly, laughing hysterically::

    ps: I think we can be friends, Mr. Featherstone!

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    I really do like kitties Miss Daisy. A pug just has to maintain a front for his friends sometimes. Yes, I'm a poser...

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Dear Norman

    Thank you, I was worried.

    Roxy

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Daisy said…

    Goodboy Norman, I like you. I am going to add you to my links. Meow!

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger Winston said…

    Norman,
    I am concerned about your "poser" comment. I hope that you are merely posing about being a "poser." As Chairman of PALBWAATHRDCBWDTPTHTHWPQ you are held to certain non-negotiable standards. A key standard is that you may not committ treason by covorting with the enemy, namely cats and Jack Russell Terriers. I await your response.

    The Grand Duke, Political Commissar to PALBWAATHRODCBWDTPTHTHWPQ

    PS- you'll always be my pal

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Didn't mean to get you in trouble, Norman.

    Roxy

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Jen and Suki said…

    I like cats... rather, I like to TORMENT cats. What is UP with those uppity, moody little animals?

    Also my name has no H in it but I secretly admire you.

     
  • At 4:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A secret admirer?
    Cats? I met a cat and didn't know she was a cat... So, I can't say I like them or not.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home