Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween to you all. I hope you are all planning to dress your Pugs up and humiliate them in front of the hundreds of children that will be begging for candy at your door tonight. I don't want to be alone in my public humiliation. It just feels better knowing that other Pugs are suffering alongside me.

Last night we carved pumpkins and had our first fire of the year. It was a controlled fire, isolated mainly to the fireplace, so don't worry. We're fine. There was some smoke build-up at first, but we lived through it. I didn't help much with the carving since I mostly just tried to eat the pumpkins, but the People did a nice job carving them. I will post the Halloween pictures tomorrow for your entertainment.

After carving pumpkins, Woman made my costume. I am not pleased with my costume. It is not manly. I was hoping to be a pimp, but instead, I have to wear wings and a circlet of flowers. What the crap? I don't know why I have to get dressed up. I don't even get any of that candy! I am going to claim I am the Pimp Fairy if anyone asks.

As promised, here are some pictures of the Peoples' visit last weekend to Biltmore.

The purpose of the trip was to view the highly anticipated mum event. Each Autumn, the formal garden area is adorned in masses of mums. Woman was pretty excited about this. She was pleased with the outcome. This weekend the Biltmore starts decorating for Christmas. I'm surprised they didn't start sooner.

mums biltmore gardens

There were even mums planted inside the trellis. I like white mums.

mums biltmore gardens

That is a lot of mums! Woman says they were all planted in the ground too - they weren't just sitting there in their pots. She wonders how they keep them so fresh for so long. Ours get brown and ugly after just a couple weeks. She bets they are still in their pots, and the pots are plunged into the soil, and when they start to brown, they are promptly replaced with a new pot. That sounds like a good theory to me.

mums biltmore gardens

Here is a nice photo of a goose swimming around the pond. I bet his undercarriage is chilly.

autumn pond

And now for the highlight of the trip - The People discovered a new brand of car at the Biltmore, the Pugmire Grand Marquis! Very cool. I bet it comes with some awesome features like four paw drive, and well, I can't think of anything else witty enough to post, so feel free to fill in the blank with your own witty remarks.

pugmire car

I hope you all have a great Halloween! Remember not to put razor blades in any of the candy!

11 Comments:

  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger kristie said…

    norman, i'm sorry the woman wouldn't let you be a pimp for halloween - that would have been a rockin' costume...i too was wondering if the mums were actuallly planted in the ground, i agree with the woman - i bet they keep them in the pots so when one starts to look yucky they can quickly replace it with a new one.

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    I do very much like the wings..remember fairies can be male or female....Will the woman and mean one dress too? That will be much better if you ALL dress! We do not dress at our house on this day, nor do we buy candy, as we have NO trick or treaters...never, ever!!!! We live on a corner and parents would be crazy to even allow their children to walk around our corner in the dark, lest they be picked off by a car...besides most everyone thinks our house is haunted...BOO!

    PS - We have a mum farm by us and I'll just be the woman is right, they put them in the ground in pots and remove as necessary!

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Woman is dressing up, but Ian is not. He's a humbug I guess. I wish I was Ian.

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Christine & Giggs said…

    Nice goose picture!

    Giggs is going to be an owl tonight. He's the only one dressing up. I was going to be a witch but I'm too lazy.

    I'm so excited to have my very own trick-or-treaters this year! We never got any in our old condo.

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Clover said…

    Hey Norman,
    Sorry to hear you didn't get to choose your costume this year. Maybe you can take off your costume and chew it up when woman isn't looking!
    Love Clover xo

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Oscar said…

    I can't wait to see your Halloween Picture. Hehe. Your parents are very cruel!! Mine are cruel..ahem..I mean great in the sense that they did not buy me a new costume this year!

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Frances Louise said…

    I commiserate in your misery -- Mommy is making me go to work with her in her lobster costume!

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Norman, you better suck it up and be a girl fairy for Halloween lest you get a sister to come live with you and then you'd have to share those treats that are hidden behind the cabinet door. I think next year you mom needs to dress you up like the pimp you want to be with some BLING.

    The pictures of the gardens at the Biltmore are so pretty. It's so colorful in that garden. We didn't stop there on our visit but I did get a picture but it was almost dark so didn't come out too good. Aunt Sue wants to go live there at the Biltmore!

     
  • At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't wait to see your costume, Norman! You will look handsome, even if it's a fairy!

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    The Pimp Fairy idea is great! You could TOTALLY be a pimp!

    The photos at The Biltmore are beautiful. Could the people have stayed and watched Christmas trees being decorated?

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Page said…

    Let's all move into the Biltmore!! When I was little my parents took me there almost every year (back when, you know, you could actually park IN FRONT OF the Biltmore and not 700 miles away). Anyhoo, I think there is room for us all! And the pugs! I just would be afraid they'd get lost...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home