Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Losing My Edge

I will be the first to admit that I am losing my edge. Do you know how many times the People called me a good dog last night while I sat patiently during our photo shoot? A lot. So many in fact, that I lost count. I used to be so bad, evil even! Now, I am a good dog that does not even require a treat to sit still for photos. Have I grown too close to my human captors? Perhaps it is Stockholm Syndrome, but I've never even been to Sweden! I need to take some "me" time and re-evaluate who I am. I used to know my identity, but it seems I lost it somewhere between the butt scratchings and the treats. Maybe it's in between the couch cushions. Sometimes Woman finds things she has lost hidden down there. I better go check.

So, here I am being a good dog, modeling my fairy costume with Woman. No one believed that I was the Pimp Fairy. I guess the leaves and flowers gave it away. I'm not sure what a Pimp Fairy's wings would look like. Maybe there would be $100 bills on them?

norman tammy halloween

Here is a closer view of me. I did NOT like that circlet thing on my head. I left it on for pictures only! I did secretly like my wings though. They did not help me to fly any better, but I think they are pretty kickin' as an accessory.

norman halloween

Baby Sarah was a bee this year for Halloween, and since I was a bee last year, I donned my old bee costume to take some pictures with her. I really like Baby Sarah. She really likes lolipops. She does not share her lolipop, so don't even ask her.

sarah and norman halloween

Sarah's mom was dressed as the Tooth Fairy. She's a dentist, you know. The husbands did not dress up. We refer to them as the poopsmiths.

group halloween

Here is a picture with Ian in it even though he didn't dress up.

ian and tammy halloween

Here I am not eating our pumpkins.

norman with pumpkin

Woman carved the owl. She says not to be too impressed. She traced a store-bought stencil for the pattern.

halloween pumpkins

Ian carved the alien. He did not use a stencil, but he's an artist, so he should be able to churn out a good pumpkin carving, don't you think?

halloween pumpkin

He even carved some UFOs into the side of it. Check out those laser weapons! Go aliens! Nuke the White House!

halloween pumpkins

Here I am getting ready to greet some trick-or-treaters.

norman halloween

And here I am helping hand out candy. I use my mouth to give the candy out, and some kids are not so impressed with this. That means more candy for me. OK, I didn't really get any candy. I did get some extra treats though!

sarah halloween

I was really tired out this morning, so I just laid around most of the day. I like to bask in the sun. A warm Pug is a happy Pug.

norman in the sun

I hope you all had a fun Halloween too!

14 Comments:

  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger AM said…

    "A warm pug is a happy pug", so true.

    Norman, you should encourage your Woman to take you and her to a modeling agent. You would both make great professional models for magazines or some such thing.

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Norman you and the Woman look so beautiful in your photos!!! How did you get so lucky???? Poopsmiths....hahahaha. That is a good one! I am going to steal your photo to use as my screensaver for Fall and to remind me of what a goodboy you are!

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    First of all, Woman is beautiful so I hope you and Ian give her plenty of kisses. That hair is to die for! The costumes are stunning even though you don’t look like a Pimp – sorry! Both pumpkins are cool and unique. Even though the owl is from a stencil, I haven’t seen it around, so good for Woman for carving it and doing such a good job. Oh, that laying is the sun feels so good

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Norman, you and the woman and Ian all look great for Halloween. Your costume is so cute and you are a good boy for cooperating. I love all the pictures and baby Sarah is so cute, too. Tell the Woman I love that wooden bowl that she has the candy in. Maybe you left your other self out in the garden where the tomatoes grow?

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Page said…

    Norman! I've missed you! You look great in your Halloween costume and the Woman does as well. Very creative!! Poor Winston and Sela didn't get to dress up or help pass out candy last night, but they came along with me to the inlaws (where I was chastised for not bringing their costumes!) Oh, well, maybe next year...

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Oh, I forgot, the pumpkins are cool too! Heh, why doesn't the "mean one" create a PUG T-SHIRT DESIGN?????? Bet he'd sell some of those "puppies"!!!!!

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Norman you are the cutest little pimp angle ever! I love the pumpkins too! Pattern or not, your woman's pumpkin is pretty kick ass. Ian's pumpkin is pretty rockin too, but your right, we should expect that from an artist!

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger Frances Louise said…

    Sit for a photo shoot without even a treat?!?! How did that happen? Where's your pride?

    But you did look great as a fairy. Fashion suggestion: if you are going for the pimp fairy look next year, try purple velvet with gold trimmed wings.

    Your Woman looks stunning. Pumpkins weren't so bad either.

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger L said…

    Norman, you were totally pimpin', whether you are a fairy or not!

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Magnolia Sun said…

    Norman you and your woman look beautiful, sorry you had to dress up but looks like yall had fun. It's OK to be a good boy too!

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Pam said…

    Norman, you should definitely check into modeling. You can really work those fairy wings! You and your woman look great and the owl and alien pumpkins are very cool! I love the eyes!

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Clover said…

    Hey Norman,
    Great pictures! But seriously, how could people not tell that you were a pimp fairy?? It was totally obvious to me...
    Love Clover xo

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said…

    Wow! You and your Woman are BeAuTiFuL! I tink Willow is in LoVe with you Norman! she can't take her Big Puggy eyes off the laptop screen!
    The Pumpkins are so cool looking!

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Paula said…

    Norman;

    Beautiful pictures of you and the woman. Pimp fairy, poopsmiths ......lol. You are so funny.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home