Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

See My Den!

You were probably hoping for pictures of Mr. Chris's wedding, but I'm not in any of those pictures, so today you're getting pictures of me in my den instead.

This is the view of the den from the living room. We have a super awesome futon that is really comfy to sleep on, and I like our fireplace a lot too. The windows look out onto the covered porch in the backyard. I'll show you the porch some time later. That weird thing hanging from the ceiling in the upper right-hand corner of the picture is an old cricket trap that the People thought would make a cool lamp. The futon, fireplace set and cricket trap all came from the Tommy Tuten & Johnny Penland Auction House.

norman_den_5_2007_a

This is the view of the den from the kitchen. You can barely see the frame of a door there on the left - that door leads into the darkroom / art room / laundry room. It's a big room with many uses. If you look at the really big version of this picture in flickr, you can read the titles of the books on the bookshelf. The chair and lamp in this picture came from the auction I mentioned previously.

norman_den_5_2007_b

This is a Pug's eye view of the den. Woman told me to tell you that our floor is not as dirty as it looks. I guess all that pug hair you see is just an optical illusion.

norman_den_5_2007_c

There aren't any plants in the den, because it is dark in there. The Woman tried to grow plants in there, but they were not happy with the arrangement, so she moved them. The People want to get a big square coffee table to put in this room for playing board games. They haven't found one that they like yet though, because they are picky! The den has really cool beams that run across the ceiling, but you can't see them in any of these photos. Too bad, because they're pretty cool.

Next time I'll show you the kitchen. I have to catch the kitchen while it's in just the right mood though, because it's often not presentable for photos!

7 Comments:

  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Norman you den is very, very nice! We like your pose on the fireplace...hope you don't get that close when it's going!

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    Norman, I love the floor in your den. Very pretty!

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Christine & Giggs said…

    My kitchen is not often presentable either. We don't mind.

    Nice fireplace, especially with that super cute fireplace model :)

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Norman, those floors are very shiny! I really like that chair. Is is a Hickory? Maybe you would let me in sometime when they are not home let me have it??

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger AM said…

    That open floor would be the pefect play space for you and Emma! I love those floors!

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    RPM - Woman would not like me to let you steal her chair. I'm not sure what wood it is - maybe oak? I do know it's an antique chair though. I'm not allowed to sit in it :(

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    AM - Yes! You should certainly bring Emma to my house to try out the den!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home