Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Pug is in the House!

I am finally back from my fun vacation! I have so much to blog about, and a lot of pictures to show you! I did get to attend the Wine Tasting Party, because the People were running so late that they forgot to take me to Kari's house! I did not get to go to Mr. Chris's wedding, but that's ok, because we stayed up late the night before, and I needed some rest. I have missed the Internet while I was away, and I promise to get caught up on all your blogs this week!

I don't want to bombard you with too much fun at once, so today I will give you a Wine Tasting Party recap. The party started at 7:30pm, and the fun continued well after midnight. There were about 20 people there, and I had a great time mingling with them all. Some of them I was meeting for the first time and others have been good friends for a while now.

The People chose 8 wines for tasting - 4 reds and 4 whites. I listed them below so as not to clog up the blog.

No one got all 8 correct, but Serenity did get 6/8 and won the grand prize - a bottle of Concha y Toro Casillero del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon and a bottle of Melini Orvieto.

serenity_wine_party_a

Poor Lynn got 0/8 correct and won the booby prize, a bottle of Boone's Farm strawberry-flavored wine-like beverage. She was happy to win something though!

lynn_wine_party

Oddly enough, Serenity's fiance really wanted that Boone's Farm and traded a bottle of Serenity's good wine for it. He's a strange, strange man.

ben_wine_party_a

The People served an assortment of yummy cheeses, walnut pomegranate spread,
babba ghannouj and various breads and crackers. I did get a couple samples of things that "accidentally" dropped to the floor (thanks Barbara), and it all tasted great to me! The People forgot to bring out the birthday cake until only Katherine, Andy and Nate were left at the party, so that means we have lots of left over cake.

There were also presents! Who knew that you still get presents when you're as old as Ian - haha!

ian_wine_party_a

Dan gave Ian this hideous thing that makes noise like the ocean. The Woman was glad to learn it was just a gag gift, because she was afraid Ian would try to hang it in the house!

ian_gift_wine_part

Everyone had a good time, especially me! I could hardly keep my eyes open by the end!

group_wine_party_a

Here are some People that I know...

Bill and Kari

kari_bill_wine_party_b

Kris and Lynn

chris_lynn_wine_party

Laura and Dan

laura_dan_wine_party

Andy and Katherine

katherine_andy_wine_party

Woman and Lynn - I had to post a picture of the Woman, because she was pretty proud of her new dress - LOL!

tammy_lynn_wine_party_c

And as promised, The Wine List ...

The Whites:
  • Fontana Candida - Frascati 2005 (Italy)
  • Pepperwood Grove - Viognier 2005 (California)
  • Barton & Guestier - Vouvray 2005 (France)
  • Robert Mondavi Private Selection - Fume Blanc 2005 (California)
The Reds:
  • Beringer - Gamay Beaujolais 2004 (California)
  • Capestrano - Montepulciano dĂ­Abruzzo 2005 (Italy)
  • Bogle - Old Vine Zinfandel 2005 (California)
  • Jewel Collection - Petite Sirah 2004 (California)
Later this week ... see pictures of our den, Chris and his new wife, and me being a supermodel posing with tomatoes in the garden!

11 Comments:

  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Oh, Norman, that was the most stylish party I've seen in a while! I'm so glad you got to attend because I know you had make sure no cheese went uneaten! Do you have a picture of the cheese? Your Woman's dress is pretty and she looks so pretty and Ian looks good, too, for someone that doesn't let you sleep in the bed with him. Does Brother still live with Chris?

     
  • At 6:00 AM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    An official Pug at a wine tasting...Norman you are soooo lucky. Love the dress, and did the woman do something different to her hair????

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Blogger Ronin_The_Pug said…

    Oh boy, oh boy! How much fun! And Norman you are tagged! See my blog for details!

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    RPM - There are no pictures of the food. The Woman forgot to get some! Ooops! I guess she was too busy feeding her face. Brother will live with Chris again once he and Elise return from the honeymoon. You see, Brother loves Elise, so Chris gave him to her, because Brother would not eat or sleep or play when Elise was not around. But, now that they are married, Brother is back! I did not get to see Brother on my trip to Atlanta though.

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Punchy - Woman cut and colored her hair. Actually, Ian cut it, and she colored it. Yeah, it's pink!

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger AM said…

    THe woman's hair looks great! Especially with her fancy dress! That party looks so awesome! You should tell the Woman to recreate the food pictures by buying all new cheeses (that she can later feed to you!) and taking more pictures! Where did the Woman get the wine? World Market?

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Page said…

    Norman, I'm so happy you're back! Tell the Woman her hair and dress look fabulous, but where are you in the pics? Did you have too much wine? ;)

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    AM - A lot of the wines did come from World Market. Some came from Target, and others from Ingles. We still have some of the cheeses left over! Woo-hoo!

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Page - I'm not sure why I'm not in any of the pictures. I guess I'll have to take that up with the Woman!

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Christine & Giggs said…

    Oooh! We also enjoy the Robert Mondavi. We live in an area with TONS of wineries (good ones -no Boones lol) so you should come visit! We wine tour all summer long!

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Duke and Gidget said…

    WOOO HOOO! Norman got to par-tay! Way to go buddy, looks like it was a great time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home