Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My House - Let Me Show You It!

Here are some pictures of the inside of my house in case you're curious about where I live. You can click on the pictures to get a bigger view. The "medium" size from Flickr is too big and the "small" size is too small, so you'll just have to do some clicking to see better pictures. Now don't go clicking through all the Flickr photos, or you won't be surprised with my new photos throughout the week. No cheating!

This is the door that you would enter through, and what the Woman calls the Foyer. There are bells on the door so the Woman always hears Ian when he comes home. The "foyer" is only like a 3'x3' area, so I don't think it's *really* a foyer, but I'll let her have her fun with fancy words. That plant sitting there is the Woman's inheritance from her Grandparents. Yeah, that sounds silly, but it's true. It's a Christmas Cactus, and it blooms bright pink in the Fall. The CDs are stored in that cabinet on the right, and the DVDs are stored in the cabinet on the left. The picture on the right is a pastel done by a Russian artist the People met at the Artsplosure show in Raleigh last year.

house_foyer_5_2007

Here's a better view of the DVD cabinet. That picture needs to be hung on a nail. It's actually an abstract photograph. The People bought it at an Art Show the first year they were married. Right now the picture is just sitting on top of the DVD cabinet looking all weird. The People just bought the cabinet a couple weeks ago at an auction. They were pleased with themselves.

new_cd_cabinet

This is the living room. The People love art and plants, so there are art and plants all over the place. The painting on the wall was done by an Artist from Alabama, and the pottery is from another artist from Alabama. I don't know all their names, but I'm sure the Woman could enlighten you if you're really curious. Our couch is very cozy. I like to snuggle with the Woman on the couch in the evenings or any time she wants to snuggle. I used to like to pee on the bottom of the couch, but since the Big Snip, I have stopped that.

house_living_room_5_2007

Well, that's all I have to show today. Maybe next week I'll do the den or the kitchen. I guess the Woman will have to clean up in there first though.

9 Comments:

  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger AM said…

    Yeah! You're showing us your house! Now I can imagine you (Norman) snuggling on the couch! I love the hardwood flowers on the foyer. It might just be 3*3, but its SOMETHING. At our old house, we had a nice sized foyer. At our new house? It enters right into the living room with no little special area to call a foyer. Very sad indeed.

    I love your auction find! Very nice!

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Norman, I love seeing your home. You are a great tour guide. You are so lucky to have art work in your home..it will keep you occupied with something pretty to look at. I see your collar on the floor there! I really love that dark wood furniture, too. The CD chest is so pretty. Looks like you have a lot of light coming in your house! I can't wait to see the rest...i'll not go look on Flicker and spoil it. I'll wait her patiently. Go pick up your collar so you don't lose it.

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger kristie said…

    norman, your house is very beautiful! your people have excellent taste in art. i will be going to the artsplosure on saturday in raleigh...i need to find some nice art like yours! please continue showing us more of your house - you are a great tour guide.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Yeah, Sandy, that is my collar sitting there ... next to an empty mojito glass. I like to get my drink on every now and then, and when I do, I like to relax and take my collar off. Don't worry. I know exactly where I left it.

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Norman, thanks for giving us a tour! We love you woman's style!

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Page said…

    Hey Norman, love your house! Where's your bedroom? You have your own room, right??

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger L said…

    Oh cool! I like your house a lot! Perhaps I will show my apartment...

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger L said…

    Also, that was an excellent title for this post.

    My post, let me show you it.

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    Oh, I LOVE pictures like this! I like to see how other people live. I can't wait to see the rest :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home