Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Burn Day

We had some nice warm weather on Saturday, so the People decided to proclaim it "Burn Day" and burn all of our nasty rotten wood that has been sitting in a pile for pugness knows how long. The People made a burn pile in the garden so the ash will help nourish the soil and also soften the soil to make digging easier. They also started preparing the garden for planting in March. Woman says they got one of the beds ready for planting and have three more left. They got tired after 4 1/2 hours and had to stop. What sissies.

I was bored most of the time, but Woman got a couple laughs from me. At one point I was napping under a tree with my head resting on a root. She said it was mega-cute. I was also sitting stoically keeping guard over the garden while the People labored away. I am Management. I don't actually *do* the work. I just make sure the People do the work properly.

The People were so tired that night that we just laid around and watched tv. Score one for the puggy! I was kind of ticked to be smelling like a campfire, but at least I got some good snuggle time.

9 Comments:

  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger AM said…

    I love the smell of burning wood. Well, like fireplace wood and such, not houses.

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Page said…

    Pugness! My new favorite word!! Tehehe...Norman, you are so cute. Glad you could keep the Woman laughing!

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    Burning wood is one of my very favorite smells. I am jealous!

     
  • At 12:16 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Norman, you could get a job on a road crew down here...one person working and three folks standing around leaning on their shovels watching the one working.

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Magnolia Sun said…

    There were a lot of people around here burning stuff over the weekend.

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Burn day..interesting idea for sure. We are not allowed to do any "burning" unless you own 5 or more acres of land!

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Jemima Jones Beck said…

    Hello! Norman!
    I have given you and your Woman an award! See our latest post to view it!
    Love,
    Jemima Jones Beck

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Frances Louise said…

    Wow! Your humans work hard -- you have them trained very well!

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said…

    we have a wood burning wood stove... we burn wood all winter long to keep out floors warm and toasty to keep Willow,Belle and OM Turbo's paws and bellies warm!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home