Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Home Tour 2007

Welcome to the Christmas Home Tour, brought to you by me, Mr. Norman, the Christmas Elf. I hope you enjoy this year's tour. Please keep your hands and tails inside the car at all times.

norman in costume

Let's start with Woman's favorite Christmas decoration. She loves to get the bar all glittered up at Christmas time and would love to find a way to decorate the bar festively throughout the year.

christmas bar

The little candle lights add that extra special touch to the garland. The Edward and Tia people gave us these lights for Christmas one year. Woman really likes them.

christmas garland

The candelabra (which rarely holds candles) gets special decorations too.

christmas candelabra

Woman loves these stars from Pier 1, and if they didn't cost $6 each, her entire tree would be decorated with them.

cool christmas ornament

They come in silver too!

cool christmas ornament

Pretty impressive, eh? Can you see the excitement on my face? Look closer. Still can't see it. Hmmm ... I can't imagine why.

norman the christmas elf

Next on our stop is the DVD cabinet. That's right - if there's a flat surface in our house, Woman is going to decorate it, and the DVD cabinet is no exception. This year, the DVD cabinet has been dressed with fresh pine from the Christmas tree, brass candlesticks, a white poinsetta and the special snowpug garland made by Punchy! Doesn't the cabinet look festive?

christmas candles

If the DVD cabinet is getting special treatment, the CD cabinet will get jealous, so let's take a look at its decorations this year. The ceramic Christmas tree Woman made her Great-Grandma a long time ago is the main attraction here, but the cute little table fern from Biltmore and the red candles refuse to be overlooked.

christmas decorations

The Christmas Cactus sits quietly in the corner, as it finishes up its spectacular blooming season.

christmas cactus

What's that noise? Santa? Is that you? Oh, nevermind. It was just a truck outside. Let's get on with the tour.

norman checks for santa

Here is a nice blurry pic of the entertainment center. Woman says it's hard to photograph the entertainment center. The poinsetta lights are from Woman's Mom's house. She always strung them on her mantle at Christmas time. Woman hopes to have a mantle some day, and she too will string these lights across it.

entertainment center decorations

Here is a closer view of the Baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph. The Edward and Tia people brought this back from Switzerland a couple years ago. It is hand-carved and absolutely gorgeous.

manger scene

This little miniature Christmas tree is decorated with ornaments that Ian's family made for the People the first year they were married. Each ornament symbolizes something special about marriage.

miniature christmas tree

Are you enjoying the tour? I didn't put this silly hat and garland on for nothing you know. I am here for your entertainment only.

norman the elf

Here are the Christmas stockings. Can you tell that they are already loaded down with goodies? Santa must have already been here. How did I miss him?

christmas stockings

This is the Christmas star that Woman has hung from the pot rack. She likes the way the light in the background is flaring, making it look like the star is shining. It's a pretty cool decoration.

christmas star

Here is our fridge covered with Christmas cards! And yes, most of them are from my blogger friends! Thanks blogger friends! We think of you every time we go to the fridge!

fridge full of christmas cards

And of course the tour would not be complete without a look at the Christmas tree. We got a smaller tree this year than usual, and Woman was not able to fit all the ornaments on the tree. It's ok though. We decided we like the smaller tree, because we are still able to move around the living room. Look at all those presents! The People like to put their presents out early so they can enjoy the pretty wrapping paper. Woman says there are presents under there for me. Well duh Woman, I can read!!

christmas tree 2007

That concludes today's tour. Woman and I hope you had a good time.

norman and tammy christmas 2007

24 Comments:

  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger AM said…

    Love the tour Norman, thank you! And you look so...festive in your elf outfit. I really love that stars from Pier One! Very nice. And I love the little miniature tree.

    Norman, I'm concerned. I only see 2 stockings. Surely you have your own, right?

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Clover said…

    Norman, what a fun and entertaining tour! You are a great tour guide. Your house looks beautiful! I hope you get our card in the mail soon.
    Merry Christmas!
    Love Clover xo

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Norman, you are such a great tour guide, I think you might be able to get a job at Biltmore! I love all your decorations and it is very cool for me to have been in your house and know where these decorations really are! The counter looks so beautiful. The stars are awesome and those HUGE ornaments balls are something! Everything looks very festive! I too, am a little worried there are only two stockings...unless of course, they are yours and the Woman's?

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    Norman, when you talked about the Baby Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, your voice turned a wee Irish in me head! I don’t know why that happened!
    I noticed baskets on the tree Ian’s family made; do any of those symbolize “don’t put all your eggs in one basket”? Ha! Ha! Just kidding Ian ;)
    Your house is beautiful Norman. Woman really knows what she’s doing. Oh and I LOVE the fireplace!!

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Just to clear things up, I do NOT have a stocking. I didn't realize I should have a stocking, but now I'm gonna stir the pot over this!

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger L said…

    Great tour! I just saw you in that outfit when I got your Christmas card yesterday! Thanks! :0)

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Page said…

    Ah, am beat me to it! I was going to say that I was concerned for you Norman as I only see two stockings...it must be yours and Woman's, right?? Santa skips Ian because he makes you sleep on the floor at night ;)

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Norman, you little elf, I loved touring your home..it's lovely. I love the way Woman decorated the kitchen island bar. And the hanging big star from the pot rack! The Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus is so pretty. And you just need a kiss for entertaining us! You and Woman never take a bad picture!

     
  • At 4:24 AM, Blogger Ronin_The_Pug said…

    Hey Norman little Elf! We just loved the X-mas Tour! Yup! And what can I say!? Your home looks great! Your human made a very good job!
    We wish you a very Merry Christmas!!! May Santa bring you everything you wish for!!!
    Kisses and hugs!

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Great tour norman! You are by far the cutest tour guide I have ever had. The house is absolutely beautiful, I am so jealous! Your woman really has a way with Christmas. If we don't talk to you before then, have a great Christmas. Pug kisses from Nappy.

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Beautiful!

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Putz said…

    my daughter lives at 1008 moutain valley road and are great dog lovers...do you know her

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Diane Irvine Armitage said…

    Oh Norman - your tour had me laughing out loud! So entertaining! And woman's decor is so delightful! Now just watch out and don't eat any tinsel - you don't want to end up decorated on the back side! Merry Christmas!!

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    You live in such a beautiful home Norman! I love the stars on the bar and your tree is gorgeous!

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    That was a wonderful tour, Norman. Mom says most of tha wouldn't last long with me in the house. hee hee.
    You look very handsome in your hat and collar.

    Roxy

     
  • At 2:42 AM, Blogger Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said…

    Beautiful pictures. Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

    xoxoFour Pugz

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger Boo Boo said…

    I see that you are all set for Christmas :)

    Merry Christmas and enjoy your treats and presents :)

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Norman, that was a wonderful home tour. Thanks for showing us around. The woman has great taste in decorating.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

    Love, Seadra and Zoe

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Jemima Jones Beck said…

    Hey Norman! Thanks for the home tour that was wonderful! Your woman sure knows how to decorate!
    Happy Christmas Eve!
    Love,
    Jemima Jones Beck

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Oscar said…

    Wow! Thank you for the Christmas tour, Norman. We loved looking at your Christmas decorations. Your mother is very good at decorating and has inspired my Mommy to do more for next year. Don't worry, we also have a small tree, if we had a big one we wouldn't know where to put the coffee table-no matter where we put it-it'd be out of place or there just wouldn't be any room to walk around. I found that even a small christmas tree can be very elegant!

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Hey Norman, did you read my blog? I am okay. My liver enzymes are back to normal! Yippiee!

    Merry Christmas

    Roxy & Lucky

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Lucy said…

    Great job decorating! Love your kitchen by the way...

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught said…

    WOW! The woman needs to open a business of decking out other people's houses for Christmas!

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Bee said…

    Norman,You guys crack me up! Your home looks beautiful, and the tour was the most fun I've had all day. My favorite part was the photo of you and the woman at the bottom:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home