Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Biltmore Christmas Tree

The People took a trip to the Biltmore a couple weeks ago to watch them bring in the Biltmore Christmas tree. Apparently, there is a big "to do" when bringing the tree into the house.

Mr. and Mrs. Claus were there to officiate.

mr. and mrs. claus at Biltmore

Woman says they are not the real Mr. and Mrs. Claus, but I'm not so sure. They look pretty darn authentic to me.

The tree is brought in on a horse-drawn trailer. Those people were not supposed to be out in the middle of the road, but they were anyway. It ticks Woman off when other people break the rules. She likes the rules.

christmas tree approaches

This is Bert and Ernie. They are the Biltmore Estate's "work horses", though I think this is the most work they do all year!

bert and ernie

Woman says the tree was gigantic - much bigger than our tree. I bet it drops awesome presents!

biltmore christmas tree

I don't think it really took this many dudes to pick up the tree. I think they just all wanted to get to say that they helped with the tree.

carrying the christmas tree into Biltmore house

The People did not follow the tree into the house, because there was a huge crowd, and Woman hates crowds. They have not been back to see it all glittered up for Christmas, but they do plan to get back there soon.

18 Comments:

  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said…

    Oh wow, how cool. That be one pawsome tree. Glad you mom had a good time.

    Four Pugz

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Clover said…

    Those are some cool pictures! Looks like fun. Thanks for sharing, Norman!
    I just read about your spa too - that is so exciting!
    Love Clover xo

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Oscar said…

    Wow! I bet your parents had a great time watching them put up that tree. Did they get to tour the Estate too! My mommy is very jealous.

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger AM said…

    Wow, that would be fun to watch. I've always wanted to go there when the tree and decorations were up.

    Have your woman email me and tell me how she links to her flickr photos in her posts. I know you can post from flickr, but that's only on one photo right? so how do you get a post with multiple photos?

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Frances Louise said…

    That's one big tree! I wish we had a tree to drop us presents. I asked my parents for a Christmas tree but Daddy said we don't celebrate Christmas . . . something about him being Jewish and all . . . But Mommy told me not to worry because I will get gifts anyway . . . Hooray!

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Page said…

    I want to go to Biltmore! *sigh*

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    The People have toured the estate numerous times. They have season passes. They have gone to the candelight house tour before, but they're not going this year. They're going to go during the day when they can get in free with their passes. The candlelight tour still costs $$ for passholders. Everything at the Biltmore is BIGGER and more EXPENSIVE than everywhere else!

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said…

    Oh I saw this on the news yeaterday! such a neat place. I wan t to go so badly during this time of year...maybe next year. Is Norman up for a little company then? Ha!

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said…

    Oh I saw this on the news yeaterday! such a neat place. I wan t to go so badly during this time of year...maybe next year. Is Norman up for a little company then? Ha!

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    Yes; Woman and Ian need to return when they feel better and take more pictures.

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Archie and Melissa said…

    WoW! Look at that tree. You got wonderful pictures that show the enormous scale. Emmitt says he would love to mark that tree, but he does not have enough pee to even think about it. :)
    Melissa and Emmitt

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Pedro said…

    I loved looking at your pictures. Although - I did think that for some reason Mrs. Clause had a giant lion shaped bouffant on her head... :)

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Magnolia Sun said…

    Wow that's a big tree and such a pretty area.

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Pam said…

    What a gorgeous tree. I've wanted to get there to see the Christmas decor for years but I always seem to be tied up with so many other things.

    I bet that tree does drop some awesome presents Norman!

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    That tree is HUGE. It must take an army of elves to decorate! I wonder if there are any creatures left in there? They might get to those presents first!

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Christine & Giggs said…

    Stupid rule breakers ruining people's pictures!
    If Norman had been there, he could have chased them back where they belonged!

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    I love seeing that! When we were there last year, we saw the tree decorated and you are so right, it was dropping some awesome presents..some were tied right onto the tree!

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Our Mom and Dad visited the Biltmore a few years ago and LOVED it!!! Mom says that she would love to see it all decorated up for Christmas.
    Love, Seadra and Zoe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home