Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Taxes

The Woman has been afflicted with "taxes" for the past two weeks. I'm not sure what taxes are, but they cause the Woman to run around the house digging for paperwork, occasionally yelling at Ian about mileage records, waiting on hold on the telephone for hours on end, and typing fervently on the computer. Maybe taxes are some kind of parasite like fleas or ticks that make you temporarily insane. She also wrinkles her forehead a lot, apparently trying to understand something. I guess taxes affect the brain somehow. She has been rambling on and on about ESPP, ISO, IRAs and home office expenses. It's really all nonsense to me. Perhaps the forehead wrinkling and muttering are side effects of the taxes in the system. I don't mind the yelling at Ian part of the affliction, but the rest of it is really boring for a Pug. The Woman says she is finally done with the taxes, and I am glad, because I did not want to catch them too! In the end, the Woman had to pay the IRS to take the taxes away. She says they won't stay away for good though. Apparently they come back every year! People are so weird.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Christine & Giggs said…

    The is a vaccine for the 'taxes' bug. It's called an 'accountant'. It also costs money though and only reduces some of the symptoms.

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Duke and Gidget said…

    Taxes sound like a pain in the butt. Perhaps The Woman should try some Frontline or Advantix to get rid of them.

     
  • At 1:18 AM, Blogger Ronin_The_Pug said…

    I'm still trying to figure it out what is the thing about these people... Taxes, bills, money… I don’t know if they like tormenting themselves or it is a thing that comes with them because they are humans. Weird I tell you!

     
  • At 1:57 AM, Blogger AM said…

    At first I thought you were talking about Texas. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home