Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Friday, February 16, 2007

The Big Snip

The Woman has been very adamant that I not get the big snip (neutered), because she says she bought a boy dog and she's going to keep a boy dog. Every Vet we see tries to get her to get me snipped, because of the threat of prostate cancer, and no kennel will keep me unless I am neutered. The Woman has finally given in to all the pressure, and I'm getting the big snip on Monday morning. Yikes! Ian has already started calling me, "Mr. Nojangles." How rude. The Woman hopes my personality doesn't change too much, as she loves me how I am, but secretly she hopes I become a little more docile in the process.

I'm not really all that concerned about getting neutered. I guess I should be mad that I am being robbed of my essence, but I think I have matured beyond that argument. The Woman asked the Vet Tech about possible psychological repercussions, but she said she has never heard of any dog getting depressed over the loss of his essence.

Anyone have any comments on this subject? Any reason the Woman should reconsider? I'm going to go nap while you all think about it.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Marty wanted to tell you he is just fine and he had the big snip! We didn't know him before the snip, but he is a good guy and doesn't seem to have any psychological problems....now Rosie....hmmmmm

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    I don't think Rosie qualifies for the Big Snip, but from what I've read about her, I think she and I would get along fabulously! We could cause some serious mayhem.

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think its a good idea. Now, my first pug, Maxwell, came RUNNING out of the vet's office the afternoon of his morning surgery. So, no slowing down for him. I think it will make Norman more docile, in the long run, but nothing major and nothing really noticeable. I do think it will help a LOT with any marking. But, that might take time too. Alfred got the Big Snip right before I adopted him, and he marked for about a year afterwards. Getting it all out of his system I suppose.

    I really think this will help Norman grow old gracefully. Really, I do.

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said…

    My girls were spayed and they didn't even know they had anything done! Norman you will do just fine! We will be thinking of you big fella!

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Good Luck, Norman. You'll be fine. Maybe Ian will let you sleep in the big bed after this?

     
  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    Oscar survived his snip just fine....but I have no idea what he was like before, as he was neutered the day we adopted him. But he has never ever marked in the house! Good luck, Norman!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home