Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Feeling Hot - Hot - Hot!



It has been too hot for a Pug to handle here lately. The People took me for a walk on Sunday afternoon, and I was panting so hard that the Woman had to put me in the bathtub filled with cold water when we got home. I finally did stop panting ... eventually. It was almost too hot for me to help water the roses this morning, but I mustered up the strength somehow. It's a good thing Mr. Chris isn't around during this hot spell, because he hates it when I pant. He claims I taught the Chewb how to pant and that she uses it against him when she's mad at him. Pant away Chew Bear!

Yesterday I played with a big dog named Murphy who lives down the street. He tried to pee on my head. He's a lot bigger than me, and he likes to play rough, but I can handle it.

Do you see the big shaved spot on my side? That's how much they shaved me to do my surgery. I'm not sure why they had to remove 20% of my body hair to take off two teeny little lumps, but I do know that I look silly. Ian wanted to draw some switches and dials on my side to make me look like a robot dog. I was hoping there would be room left for a key pad of some sort. The Woman, of course, squashed our fun and forbids him from drawing on me. She says the Vet would probably not find it very amusing. Party Pooper!!! When I was first shaved, my skin was soft and pink, but now that the sun has tanned it a little, it's kind of grey. Pretty weird actually.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Tell you mama to write the number 20 on your strip in honor of Tony Stewart, current NASCAR champion!!! SO glad you are liking that food.

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger My Pugs Blogger said…

    One thing I have read about Pugs in heat - it's not a good idea to put them in a cold tub to cool them down - it's too much of an extreme from too hot to too cold. It's better to start off with luke warm/cool to get their temperatures down.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home