Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

My New Aunt

What up People? This is my "What Up" face. You can post your own "What Up" face if you'd like - let's call it a Meme. I tag AM, Punchy and Nevis to post their "What Up" faces.

norman asking what up

I have a new Aunt! We pronounce the word, "Aunt" like "ant." That's right - we're hicks. Many of you pronounce it like you would the word "taunt" but we're not that distinguished - are you British or something? So when you read this, regardless of how distinguished you may be, just know that it's pronounced "ant" in my world and for the duration of this post.

So, Gammy got a new dog who is technically my Aunt! Her name is Peanuts, and she's some sort of hybrid dog - you know, like the Toyota Prius! She gets better mileage than regular dogs, and she qualifies for a tax deduction. Oh, I forgot. We're not allowed to say the word "tax" in our house right now - touchy subject.

Without further delay, here is my new Auntie ...

peanuts with her ball

She and I are different in many ways.

First, she has spots on her belly.

underside of peanuts

Secondly, she has a very straight tail that wags A LOT!

norman and peanuts compare tails

And finally, she has a giant face thingy. Look at it, jutting out there like some sort of cliff or something.

norman and peanuts

We do have some things in common though.

First, she loves to snuggle up in a lap.

peanuts in tammy's lap

Secondly, she will never be a Frenchie no matter how long Woman holds her ears up like this.

tammy makes peanuts a frenchie

And last but not least, she loves to play fetch.



But she'll never be able to beat me! I am the King of Fetch!!

norman wins!

In case you're wondering, I did get REALLY jealous of Woman giving Peanuts so much attention, so I had to seek out my lovin' elsewhere.

I got a little bit of butt rubbing from John ...

norman and john

Made Peanuts jealous by snuggling the Gammy ...

gammy and norman

And got some tension from Uncle Michael, although I think he only gave me some tension so he could get his photo on my blog. He's a groupie you know.

norman with uncle michael

Peanuts and I got along for the most part. We're cool with each other, as you can see depicted in this yin yang photo. I call YANG!

norman and peanuts familiarizing

11 Comments:

  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Pug(s) and Bugg said…

    WOW! Cool aunt! I love her spots!! We have an uncle webster but he's mean and bit mommy's face.

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    We're going to have to work on that "what's up" photo!

    Will the "ant" stay that size, or grow into those ears?

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    She's going to be a big dog. She's only 10 weeks old.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Norman, we think you should start calling Peanuts "Goobers" cause we think that would be funnier.

    Thanks!!!

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Page said…

    I'm not so sure about Peanuts. I mean sure, she's cute, but the tail doesn't curl and the snout protrudes so and she does resemble a mini cow with all those black and white spots. Have no fear Norman, there's no competition.

    P.S. Are we taking bets on her final weight?? I bet again Rob recently in our friend's dog, Stocky's, final weight and WON! I like winning prizes.

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Clover said…

    Hi Norman!
    Don't worry, pronouncing aunt like "ant" is the right way! I saw it on Jeopardy on a "rhyme time"!! Plus I do it too. :)
    Peanuts looks pretty cute, but you are still cuter.
    Love Clover xo

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We say Aunt like ant as well.. does this mean we are hicks? lol

    That's cool you get a long with Peanuts! Gus and Indy have an aunt and uncle and they aren't very nice!

    Oooh you have groupies!! How cool!

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    your antee is so cute! She looks like she has tons of energy. Maybe she can come for a stay-over at your house??

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Too Cute Pugs said…

    Your aunt is a cutie!

    We say aunt like you and we're not hicks (we don't think!) we're Canadian!

    Pug love from
    Pearl & Daisy

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Uncle Michael said…

    Tension just to get my picture on the blog? Really? Do you think that is the only reason I ...

    Hey!!! Did you see my picture with Norman on the Blog. Didn't I look GREAT?!?!? Oh, Man. I love blogs.

    ;)

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    LOL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home