Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Spring in My Step!

Friday was the first day of Spring, and it has been getting warmer during the day! On Sunday, the People took me for a walk. They mostly did this because Woman read that Frenchies want to go for a walk at least once a day, so she figured I wasn't getting enough exercise. Also, my Vet Lyn told her that I'm fat. Me? Fat? Say it ain't so! Are you wondering why Woman is reading up on Frenchies? Me too. We're only allowed to have one dog in our house at a time ... According to Ian at least!

So we went for a walk. It was 71 degrees, and I am a bit out of shape. I tried to get Ian to carry me, but he wasn't having it. He even called me "Fatty!" How rude.

We stopped to visit Pugsley and Junebug on our walk.

norman, pugsley and junebug

Pugsley is bigger than me. I wonder if Lyn thinks HE is fat.

pugsley

Junebug, on the other hand, is a teeny tiny little girl. She reminds me a lot of Clover, because she's so petite.

junebug of the wild

She likes to kiss my face, but I'm not down with it.

norman and junebug

So we visited with those Pugs for a while and finally went home where I rested for a good long time. Ian and Woman sat on the front steps and listened to the birds, and I just sat in the doorway panting and dozing. Walks are tough on a Pug! I certainly wouldn't want to have one EVERY day. Wow. Frenchies are hardcore.

tired norman after his walk

Eventually I regained some energy and prowled around out front barking at the neighbors and birds.

norman in the front yard

And I got some pettings. Do you like my fangs? I had my bottom toofies removed, and now I look like a vampire!

tired norman face

FACT: My birthday is on Friday! Woo-hoo!!

17 Comments:

  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger nickee said…

    pug-o- vampire.. dat can be your Halloween theme this year. Junebug's name is so cute! Try to enjoy more walks in the sunshiney weather, you Norman!

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Libby's Library said…

    Oh I hope that you have a wonderful birthday party!

    I hate walks too. That's why I make the boys take George and Gracie on their walks;-)

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh luckie! It has been raining and yucky here so pug walks have been in short supply.
    You're not fat Norman, you are big boned!

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    C'mon, Norman, suck it up lose those pounds! You can do it! Besides, if you don't go for a walk, how will you ever find new and interesting places to pee?

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger "M" said…

    Norman, I'm so glad you survived your walk!

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Ronin_The_Pug said…

    Spring! I want the spring thing here too! I hate rain! :( So send some spring to me plz!

    Oh Junebug is so cuteee!

    Hugs!

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    Normacula, I'm sure it's just your winter coat. A couple of more walk abouts and you'll be back to your greek godlike self.

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Eduardo said…

    Your not a fatty! Bu walks are fun for checking peemails!
    Hugs & Snugs
    Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Jemima Jones Beck said…

    You DO look like a vampire! Congratulations! Vampires are hot right now what with Twilight and True Blood and all.
    What are you doing for your bday? anything fun?
    Jemima Jones Beck

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    watch out for your tongue going out between the fangs and staying there...little Holly has that problem. I wonder what is up with the Frenchie thing??? You can come stay here...we're all fat at our house. I don't know what could be the problem! Maybe it's getting treats coming and going all the time.

    I sure hope you get something wonderful for your birthday...like a trip to 3 dog bakery???

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Wow, your birthday coming up, that is great. I wonder what is up with your mom and Frenchies. Hmmm. I would keep a sharp eye out on that situation.
    It is never fun to be called fat, but I am sure you are not overweight, just big boned.

    Roxy

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    It's getting warmer here too and I am loving it!

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger kristie said…

    norman, i'm going to the periodontist to see about getting dental implants in a week. i will see if he will offer us a deal if you get them too!

    about the frenchie...your birthday is friday...hmmm...i think i may know what you are getting...

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Harry Pugalicious said…

    Mom kept me out and about all weekend too. I likes the spring, but a pug needs his naps!

    Mom also has a weird obsession with frenchies. I's gonna have to put my paw down if she ever thinks about adopting one though!

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger Clover said…

    Hi Norman!
    It's so cute that you thought of me when you saw Junebug. She is pretty cute; I am flattered. Hehe.
    Walks can be pretty tiring - my parents made me take THREE walks yesterday. I did not want to wake up today.
    Love Clover xo
    P.S. I don't think you are fat - you look great! And I love your fangs too.

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Page said…

    Winston can sympathize with you, Norman. Yesterday Rob and I were home and bathed, cleaned ears and face and did nails to both pugs. Then, we accidentally fed them twice for dinner!! Winston was so tired and full that he put himself to bed last night in his crate! LOL! Rob asked me where he was and I told him I hadn't seen him, so he went searching and found him already in bed. Humans exhaust the pugs.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Dracupug! I think you're adorable and not fat at all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home