Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dancing with the Stars

Does anyone watch this show?

We recently got a new TV (It's a big boy, like me!), and with the assistance of some very gaudy rabbit ears, we are able to pick up ABC and sometimes even PBS - gotta love that Clifford. Woman is happy to have ABC, because now we can watch LOST at home, but she wishes we got Fox and NBC, because she loves The Simpsons and 30 Rock (must see).

So anyway, Dancing with the Stars is on ABC. The People saw an ad for it one night and mocked it, wondering who would care to see B or even C "celebrities" trying to dance. Who cares, right? Well, when Ian was gone, Woman indulged her secret interest in this show and found that she really likes it. That Lil' Kim can get down, and not just like a skeeza, but she's got class that no one ever could have imagined! She also likes Steve Wozniak because he's a computer nerd like her, and she feels kind of sorry for how bad he is at dancing. Poor Belinda Carlisle being the first to go - that's just embarrassing.

She does NOT like Holly Madison or Denise Richards. She is just grossed out that Holly Madison was one of three live-in girlfriends of the eldery Hugh Hefner - that's absolutely disgusting. She was hoping she'd get voted off first. Talk about skeeza. Lil' Kim is a princess compared to that icky woman. Woman doesn't know why she doesn't like Denise Richards, she just never has. Maybe it's because she had a little girl crush on Charlie Sheen, or maybe it's that fake smile that says, "Help, I don't know who I am. Should I even be here?" She just seems to lack the "it" to make a celebrity a real celebrity.

So we're rooting for Lil' Kim, but we would also be happy if Melissa Rycroft, Shawn Johnson, or Gilles Marini (who I was shocked to learn is straight - I guess the French can get away with more than other people as far as sexuality is concerned) won, although we're kind of sick of hearing about Melissa Rycroft being dumped on the Bachelor. Anyone who would put themselves on the chopping block to be on the Bachelor rather deserves humiliation and heartache. I mean seriously - it's just silly. And yes, we have seen an episode of it - LOL!

We just feel sorry for Ty Murray, Steve-O and Steve Wozniak. They are really heavy on their feet. Poor little buggers.

So we probably won't get to see Dancing with the Stars again since Ian will be home for the next episode. I guess we'll have to keep up with it on the Internets. Trusty old Internets!

11 Comments:

  • At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Holly Madison broke up with her current BF "to focus on her career." Uh... WHAT career? What's her skill set?

    The Girls Next Door is car crash terrifying sometimes.

    Norman: Would you join the Dharma Initative? As a Work Pug?

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Omg! I love Lost :)
    And my husband mocks me for watching DWTS.. but I don't stop.

    Its funny you say that, I have never ever liked Denise Richards and that was long before Charlie Sheen came along. She seems to be doing alright though.
    I don't watch the bachelor (a few episodes the first season was it) but I agree, I am tired of hearing about it. Although Melissa is really good.

    You want someplace good to read about this show - got to www.tvguide.com. They do recaps of each episode and for other shows as well. lol

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Nevis said…

    I'm not a huge Dancing with the Stars fan, but I've seen an epsidoe. My favorite was Melissa Rycroft...she was quite good! And even though I hate "The Bachelor" what that guy did was pretty lame.

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Page said…

    Uh oh. You probably shouldn't know that I've bough the Girls Next Door DVDs. tehehe. I can't help it...it's fascinating to me...like watching a car accident, you know you shouldn't look but you can't help it.
    But, since we don't have our digital antenna up yet, I haven't seen regular tv in weeks.

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    Is that all the tv you got? Just 2 channels? You poor dear.

    I enjoy watching the news recap of dancing with stars but haven't seen a whole episode. I do love Woz but he is heavy on his feet. Or just plain heavy. I still like him. And Steve O. I hadn't heard that he sobered up. Last time I saw him he was passing out on a tv interview. I'm proud of him. Good going Steve O!!

    And how is it that a wonk like you has rabbit ears? How does that happen?

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger "M" said…

    Oh I love DWTS. I'm glued to the tv on Mon/Tues nights. I disagree with you about Holly, I like her although I don't think she has what it takes to make it to the end. (And I agree w/ Page - you should watch Girls Next Door - somehow you get sucked in!) Some other favs are Gilles (mainly because of Cheryl) and Chuck Wicks, because of Julianne. I think Shawn and Melissa have the ability to make it to the end. Of course the ball players are usually good so we can't dismiss Lawrence Taylor.

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger martha said…

    I just love DWTS, and I have since the second season when I started watching. And I'm never rooting for people like Melissa who have previous dance experience--she was a ballerina and a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader--so not a shocker that she can learn to waltz. I always root for a person w/o the dance background. Emmitt Smith was my all time favorite!!!! I don't know who I like best yet, but L'il Kim was so disarming when she talked about viewing DWTS for the first time when she was in prison...
    Norman, tell Woman to go ahead and watch it. It's entertaining!

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Mr. Chris said…

    I know TV is best but 30 Rock and Simpsons are available legal and free on hulu.com.

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Clover said…

    Hi Norman,
    My mom also watches DWTS (this season is the first time she has really watched) and she totally agrees with Woman. Holly and Denise are the least favourite at our house (sometimes Dad watches too! Although he pretends not to.) and the faves are Lil Kim & Gilles. My mom also really likes Lawrence and Ty! Haha. And feels sad for the two Steves :(
    Maybe Ian could play with you while Woman watches DWTS next week?? HAhahah...
    Love Clover xo

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    haha, we dont' watch this show, but it's great TV commentary. I think woman should have a TV commentary blog every week or so. And we LOVE the description of Denise Richards (colon(:) it's complicated) - she is completely dead behind the eyes.

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    Yep. I've been watching this season and have in past seasons (although I've missed a couple). Anyway, my fav is Shawn Johnson and Melissa. Giles is pretty great too.

    I have to admit to watching Girls Next Door so I was interested when I heard Holly would be on the show. Although, she seems to be not much of a dancer. lol!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home