Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mr. Chris Comes to Asheville

Mr. Chris and his family were in Asheville this past weekend for Allison's wedding! Wasn't it nice of them to drive up from Atlanta to celebrate with us? Not that I did much celebrating. I wasn't even invited to the wedding! Poop on them...

Woman had been telling me all weekend that Mr. Chris was going to visit us on Sunday, but I didn't believe her. Actually, I didn't even remember who Mr. Chris is when she was saying these things. I haven't seen him in over a year, and I'm getting old, so if it's not in front of my face daily, I forget about it pretty quickly.

On Sunday morning, I heard a car pull into the driveway. I looked out the window and saw a silver minivan. I don't know anyone who drives a minivan, so I waited patiently to see who emerged from the gargantuan vehicle.

norman at the door

A bunch of people unloaded from the car, including Mr. Chris!! He was holding a video camera, but I still recognized him. Oh, that's the Mr. Chris Woman was talking about! I remember him now!

norman spots chris at the door

I pretty much puggled the heck out of him, just like old times!

chris and norman making out

I introduced him to Hootie. I think they got along pretty well.

norman with chris and hootie

His whole family got involved in rubbing on me. Eight hands = the awesome.

sheppard family petting norman

I particularly like the Noah boy and Madison girl.

norman puggling noah and madison

And I really like the Elise Woman.

norman with elise

They all give great butt scratches. It was a good day. I wish Mr. Chris had taken me home with him, but he has three other dogs, and I don't share attention with anyone!

13 Comments:

  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger AM said…

    That is a GREAT family picture with all of them scratching Normal. I love that. Should be their Christmas photo. And Madison is so pretty. I love her hair.

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger Page said…

    "I pretty much puggled the heck out of him..." HILARIOUS! I think that will be my slogan..."Have you been puggled lately?"

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It sounds like you got lots of love to make up for missing the wedding Norman!!

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Poor Norman, you need some loving. You could come here. PlusOne gives lots of loving to Lucky and me. And then there's mom. And dad. And neighbor boy. Plenty loving to spare here.

    Roxy

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    I love the pic of Norman with the family basking in his belly rubs, all time.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    What a face! That's total bliss when he's bein scratched by everyone. (huge smile on his face) Very very cute.

    No marriage plans although it does sound like that. You never know though, you just never know.

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Jemima Jones Beck said…

    Very nice of you to introduce him to Hootie!
    Glad that you got some good butt scratchin!
    Love,
    Jemima Jones Beck

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Sounds like you had a fabulous time wtih the family, Norman! :)

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Clover said…

    Norman, I just love the picture of you introducing Hootie! SO CUTE!
    Love Clover xo

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Blogger Scottie the 'Cutie' said…

    Hi Norman!

    I'm Scottie...nice to meet you! Wow, you sure had loads of fun meeting Mr. Chris and his family! I love that photo of you and the whole family together...and I totally agree, 8 hands are definitely more awesome than 2! *wink*

    Hope you have a great day! Will check back soon...=)

    Scottie

     
  • At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That many rubs at once... you must have been in Pug nirvana.

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Harry Pugalicious said…

    Hey Norman! I lefts you an award on my blog. Come get it :-)

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger Kate/High Altitude Gardening said…

    So you didn't make it to the wedding but it still sounds like you were the life of the party. Good job, Goodboy. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home