Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Monday, October 13, 2008

I Met Two New Bloggers

Check it out people. I met two new bloggers this weekend! Allison and Pam drove all the way from Knoxville just to scratch my butt!

allison and pam with Norman

They both give some pretty good scratchings!

allison and pam with Norman

After I got bored of them scratching my butt, they left and took Woman with them. Apparently some of the bloggers met up in Raleigh, and I of course was not invited. It's the story of my life. Never invited.

They stayed at the Residence Inn Marriott in Raleigh, NC.

residence inn marriott sign

On Friday, everyone met at Girlville's house for chili and cupcakes. From what I hear, Girlville is quite the homemaker. She looks very Martha Stewart-ish here, wouldn't you say?

kristie

Everyone had fun except me. I was at home alone. Look how sad everyone looks in this photo because I'm not there.

chatting

On Saturday morning, the bloggers went to Trader Joe's and then to Logan's one stop garden shop for lunch.

logan's one stop garden shop

Woman saw lots of pretty things she wanted to buy, but somehow managed to control her impulses.

mums at logan's

The store is located in an old train station and offers sandwiches from a cute little lunchery. As you can see, Woman did end up buying a pot.

blogger group at logan's in raleigh

Later, the bloggers went to downtown Raleigh where they toured the capitol building. They had to be really quiet, because the governor works in the building! You can imagine Punchy had trouble with that - LOL!

bloggers go to the capitol!

They saw window cleaners high atop a building, and Punchy decided it was her new calling in life to become a skyscraper window cleaner. She loves heights don't you know ... That's why she lives so far up North, because it's high up there.

window cleaners in downtown raleigh

Punchy educated everyone about trees. Well, I guess that's what she's doing.

debbie educating the group on trees

The bloggers had dinner at a nice restaurant downtown that night.

blogger group at dinner saturday night

Girlville's husband joined the group.

chris at dinner

Woman had a pear salad ...

delicious pear salad from 518 in raleigh

And split a pizza with AM.

delicious pizza from 518 in raleigh

AM had a beer.

chalica drinking a beer

Punchy was not impressed.

debbie not impressed with chalica drinking a beer

The rest of the night was spent laughing and talking and watching the Princess Diaries, which Woman said really sucks. That night Ian and I went to Nate's house, and I pooped on his floor twice. That's right - twice.

The group was sad on Sunday morning when it was time to leave, but everyone was tired and ready to get home.

blogger group

Swampgirl dropped her mom off in Curnersville and headed home to Alabama.

Jerry and lynn

AM and Jackson headed back to South Carolina.

chalica and jackson sunday morning

Pam and
Allison headed back west to Tennessee and were kind enough to drop Woman off in Asheville along the way.

pam, allison and tammy

Punchy and C were lucky bums and got to stay one more night with Girlville.

courtney and debbie

Woman brought some gifts back with her too. There were none for me, but I'll blog about them anyway.

Punchy gave Woman these lovely decorative ceramic balls for the candelabra. They match perfectly. I was sad that Punchy didn't come to my house this year.

gift from Debbie

Swampgirl made this cute Pug Christmas ornament.

gift from Lynn

Girlville gave out these nice soaps (I guess the blogger Women smell bad), and although Ragus Pug could not make it to the meet up this year, she sent these cute little tins filled with candy corn for the ladies.

gifts from Kristie and Sandy

Another fun meet up that I missed! At least I did get to meet some bloggers and poop on Nate's floor. It was a good weekend.


You can check out more photos if you want.

12 Comments:

  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Page said…

    Good for you Norman! Pooping twice on the floor! That'll teach them! I'm still sad I couldn't go. Hopefully next year. It's sounded like fun...except the part about watching The Princess Diaries. ;)

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Tami said…

    The historic house in Raleigh in your photo group is beautiful. I bet they spend a fortune on upkeep!

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Very cool! LOVE all the pictures and comments from Norman. :) Looks like everyone had a great time!

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger AM said…

    Great pictures. I like that one of me and Jackson in the stroller on Sunday.

    Maybe if we rented a big beach house near Sandy next year, Norman could come too!

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Oh boy...what a good time you all had...without me! I love that look on Punchy's face! That food looks so good and it's so fun to see Swampgirl and her mom and Punchy's C and Allison! Good job Norman...tell Buddy payback is so much fun! Wouldn't that be fun if y'all came down here next year and all the pugs stayed at camp chichi while your moms stayed at the beach??

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    It was so good to see everyone again but the highlight was finally meeing you Norman! You definitely now how to woo the ladies. ;)

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Magnolia Sun said…

    Great pictures, I missed everyone too Norman.

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Fine job, Norman, pooping on the floor twice. That will make them think twice about not inviting you. Meanies.

    Roxy

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Norman, I voted for you to come and stay with C and I but rumor has it you are not a "Goodboy Norman Featherstone" in the car or in a hotel????

    How nice that your woman could show me as I am!! lol

    I was VERY quiet in the Capital Building! C told me I had to behave or we'd all be kicked out!

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    Oh that's funny. Poor woman has to wear the same thing every year.

    Pooping on the floor twice? TWICE!

    Atta boy!

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger kristie said…

    norman, i would pay money to see ian's face when you poop twice on the floor!

    also - same as last year: the hotel allowed pets. in fact there was a pug in the lobby saturday nite. did woman hide this fact from you again?

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    How fun! I love the pug ornament.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home