Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Monday, October 20, 2008

Allison's Wedding

Allison's wedding has finally come and gone. After many months of planning, the day was a great success, and the newly married couple is on their way to Mobile to depart for their honeymoon cruise.

The bride waiting patiently to walk down the aisle.

allison is a happy bride

The bride in my wedding eight years ago. Time sure does fly by!

tammy_allison_wedding

A view of the bridesmaid's shoes.

the bridesmaids shoes

Whitney bustling Allison's dress. She's all up under there doing her thing!

allison with a big 'ole butt!

Charity finding her zen spot before the wedding. Charity was so funny all day - she was just excited to be in the wedding, saying it was the most dressed up she'd ever been.

charity meditates

The flower girl, Becca and her sister Laura were both in the wedding. They live in Mobile and drove up for the event.

laura and becca

Laura was the flower girl in my wedding when she was Becca's age! (She's the one in the middle.) Our two families have been friends for many, many years.

bride_with_flowergirls

Becca tossed silk leaves as she walked down the aisle instead of flower petals. It was a fall wedding, so it was a nice touch.

becca's basket of leaves

The mother of the bride has her deep thought expression going on here!

debbi before the wedding

Me at the reception modeling my size 2 dress that made me look pregnant. Not that I'm bitter to have worn a dress that made me look pregnant. LOL! When I got home, I realized there was chocolate on my boob. I wonder how long it had been there!

tammy at the reception

Ian and I at the reception. It had been a long day.

ian and tammy at the reception

Chris and I at the reception making our "model faces". I don't think either of us should quit our day jobs. Like my Irish walking cape? I got it last year for Christmas, and this is the first time I have worn it.

tammy and chris posing

Ian and Trevor (Ian's brother for those of you who missed that trivia question) having a good old time at the wedding.

trevor and ian at the reception

Trevor was the ring bearer in our wedding eight years ago (far right). He has definitely grown since then!

groom_with_ringbearers

It was a fun, exciting and stressful day, filled with many emotions and not lacking in tears. It's weird to send someone you have known from such a young age down the aisle, but everyone has to grow up eventually, I guess!

You can view the rest of the photos I took that day here.

9 Comments:

  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Wonderful pictures...beatuiful brides. Both of them.

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Page said…

    Yeah! You finally posted some of your wedding pics!! I can't believe that Allison and Trevor are the same people in those pics b/c you and Ian look exactly the same to me now as you did in your own wedding. LOVE the dress...you do NOT look pregnant...ah, size 2...those were the days. *sigh*

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow I think you loook pretety hot even with choclate on your boob. :)

    Beautiful pictures!!

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    OH, you look beautiful...all of you do. Those are pretty colors. It's fun to see the pictures from your wedding to see how little they were before. I like your cape! Size two...I never ever wore a size 2 ... how can that be??

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Eduardo said…

    What a great wedding! I was mad at my Mommy when she left me to get married!
    Hugs & Snugs
    Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Mom just wants you to know that your definition of looking pregnant and her definition of looking pregnant are two totally different things.
    Great photos.

    Roxy

     
  • At 5:38 AM, Blogger Tami said…

    Charity looks as if she is floating! Those are beautiful pictures. I'm sure the bride will want you to share :)

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    Thanks for sharing photos from the wedding. It was great to see some from yours and Ians as well. Your dress is beautiful. It's weird to see photos of my cousins from our wedding because they've grown up so much as well.

    I really like that cape, very nice!

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger martha said…

    I loved the picture of both brides! And Woman's dress is gorgeous! I love the skirt and want to touch it to see what it feels like. I think it's very Princess Grace-ish!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home