Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Second Dinners

norman

Woman and Ian made it home safely last night, but that is NOT the best thing that happened yesterday. The BEST thing that happened yesterday, and possibly all weekend, is that Big Girl Sarah stopped by my house after work and fed me my dinner around 6:30pm, and when Woman got home around 8pm, she fed me dinner again! I got second dinners! Woman didn't realize that Sarah had already fed me. Oh, it was so splendid. I gulped it down as fast as I could because 1) Mr. Chris taught me how to eat and 2) I wanted to finish my second dinner before Woman realized what had happened. It was way cool. I am excited for Woman to become senile so I get second dinners more often.

Buddy is staying at our house again while his person Nate is in Louisiana helping with the hurricane clean-up efforts. He might be at our house for an entire TWO weeks. That's a long time. Nate works for water management services something or other.

buddy

This is Buddy's food container. Can you believe how much food he has? I am hoping to get me a taste or two of what's in that container. Maybe Woman will just drop me into the container and let me eat my way out. I doubt that will happen, but it's something to aim for.

norman with buddy's food

The rest of this post is about the Peoples' trip, so if you come to this blog to read about me, and let's admit that most of you do, you can stop reading now.

The People stayed with Michael and Danita. (Danita is Gammy's sister and Ian's Aunt.) Michael and Danita have two cats; Holly and Hobbs.

holly

Holly is the older cat and therefore the lead cat. Ian did not know this fact, and when prompted by Uncle Michael to share his ham with the cats, he mistakenly gave Hobbs some ham first. Holly was not impressed.

hobbs

Hobbs is much younger than Holly and likes to play a lot. Woman says Hobbs is lots of fun and has loads of personality.

hobbs

He also has some very fancy cat furniture. I think I could use some "furniture" like this. I like to climb things too!

The big attraction at Granny's house this year was the baby goats. They're not Granny's goats, but live about a mile down the road. The People walked down and played with the goats every day.

group looking at goats

This little guy is Woman's favorite goat. His name is Little Bit because he's so small. He has two different colored goat horns.

whitney with a goat

This goat most recently gave birth to a baby named Slow Poke. The Gammy tried to milk this goat. The goat wasn't having it.

debbi with a goat

This goat might have been a little too old for feeding off its mom. Weird.

goats

There were also some horses across the street from the goats. This is Aunt Donna petting a horse. Aunt Donna is a licensed acupuncturist and teaches Qigong. She gave Woman some lessons in keeping her qi moving.

donna with horses

Check out the tiny little frog.

teeny tiny baby frog

Here is a zoomed out view so you can see just how small it is.

teeny tiny baby frog

So, things are almost back to normal today, except that Buddy is here. I guess I can tolerate that though. For a while at least.

13 Comments:

  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said…

    2 Dinners! lol My Pugs took the second dinner a few times with out telling us they were already fed earlier.... ( they are pretty smart Pugs to keep a secret!)

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Page said…

    Yep, I've done the second dinner before. Bliss for the pugs. Glad the Woman and Ian had a good time visiting family! I LOVE seeing the baby goats! There are some down the street from our house as well and EVERY TIME Rob drives by I shout, "BABY GOATS!" And he obligingly slows down for me. I'm sure he's annoyed with it.

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We love baby goats too, the hubby wants one but I am not really sure what we would do with it?.
    I am glad that woman and Ian had a a great trip and it is a shame you didn't get to go.. but 2 dinners! yay! Gus and Indy have gotten that before and they just gulp it down like they know they shouldn't have it! lol
    I hope you have fun with Buddy and if you are lucky you may get your self some of his food!

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    oooh - looks like the people had a lot of fun - and two dinners - BONUS!
    I love goats, baby goats included. I have tried to convince J to move to an area of the state where Goats are allowed.....his argument is that they stink. My argument is that the pugs stink. So why not have an animal that stinks AND takes care of the yard for you.
    Case closed, right?

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger S. Spooner said…

    He got a second dinner? The sneak...when I fed him his first dinner I thought he looked like he'd been scheming and practicing his "I'm starving" face, now I know it's true!
    Glad you all are back! Always a good time with Norman and Buddy!

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Magnolia Sun said…

    Norman I'm so excited for you to get to eat twice and I hope Woman gives you some of that other food.

    That's the smallest frog ever.

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    I've tricked my parents into giving me multiple dinners and breakfasts a couple of times, it really just goes to show we should be in charge.

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Yup, we've had two dinners every now and then, as well. It was great. But don't count on it happening a lot. Once it does, they pay a LOT more attention to who is feeding you when.

    Roxy & Lucky

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Christine & Giggs said…

    It's funny that the goat's name was Little Bit, that's my one of my nickname's for Mea :)

    And YAY for second dinners! Lucky boy!

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    Norman, I hope Woman DOES stick you in Buddy's food container! That would be a funny sight!

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger Mr. Chris said…

    The Mr. Chris method of eating has served me well. I have to act fast lest my wife and kids ask to "have a bite" of my food!

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Goats, frogs, cats???? Did the woman go to the zoo?

    Goats are naughty, they eat everything....not just grass!!! The frog is so cute....was is poisonus?

    2 dinners is cool. Our group likes to be fed by P...he thinks my servings are too small.

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger kristie said…

    norman, you are lucky the woman didn't bring a baby goat back home! it would have eaten all your second dinners.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home