Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

New(er) Car Thing!

The People bought this 1995 Mazda Miata in 2001.

1995 Mazda Miata

Miatas had always been Woman's dream car, since she saw her first one in high school. When Woman's piece of total and complete crap Beretta finally pushed her to the edge of car maintenance sanity, they went searching for a new(er) car and found this little fella.

1995 Mazda Miata

He was banged up and needed a new top, but Woman loved him anyway. Woman has loved him ever since, seeing him through a new water pump, an exploded radiator (from towing him in first gear for two miles), and a new master cylinder. She even endured the hot Alabama sun when his air conditioner went kaput.

I used to ride around town on the "shelf". It made people laugh.

1995 Mazda Miata

The People never did get that new top or fix the air conditioner, and decided about a month ago to find a new(er) car since this one was going to cost a bit more than it is worth to get it back in shape. It's difficult to drive a car with no a/c very far on the interstate. So, they went looking for a newer Miata. Apparently Miatas are in popular demand during the Summer, or maybe high gas prices are bringing these little cars back in style, as each Miata the People called about was already sold. That is when they started looking at other convertibles, and found this sexy little machine - the Honda s2000.

2002 Honda s2000

The first time they drove it, Woman knew it was the car for them, so they bought it. Not only was it in awesome shape and priced well, but she LOVES this color, and it drives like a jet. OK, maybe not just like a jet, but it's really fast.

2002 Honda s2000

Sadly, there is no shelf for me, so I don't get to ride in it. It has a really cool blue interior, don't you think?

2002 Honda s2000

The People were then faced with the difficulty of selling the Miata. Woman still loved the Miata and wanted someone to own it who would love it as much as her. She knew Trevor loved the Miata and offered it to him and the Gammy first, but the insurance for a 17-year-old boy was way too high. I guess the silly insurance company doesn't know how mature and responsible Trevor is. Gah! They started to worry that they would have to sell it to strangers, and that made Woman sad, but then the Gammy found the perfect buyer for the Miata! Some friends of hers from church have been wanting a Miata forever, and when Gammy drove it to their house, they fell in LOVE and knew it was the car for them. After some time of getting the money together, the People finally delivered the car to its new owners today. And Woman was so happy. She is sad to see the Miata go, but happy it will move on to owners who will take good care of it and appreciate it for the rest of its days.

1995 Mazda Miata

So long Miata!

21 Comments:

  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Harry Pugalicious said…

    No shelf for Norman??? What were those car designers thinking? Mom says "ooohhhh and ahhhhhh". So I guess she really likes the new car.

    Have fun - watch out for the po-po in your zippy new car!

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dude, Norman is totally channeling frustrated Tammy as he writes "from towing him in first gear for two miles". Poor Ian :(

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Is that smoke coming out of my car's engine? Holy sh*t! My car's on fire! Stop the car! Stop the car!

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger AM said…

    That's how I felt about letting the leopard print chaise go. You know, I got a nice email a week after I sold it thru Craigslist from the new owners saying how much they loved it. I got tears in my eyes.

    LOVE the new car. Big Honda fan. And love the blue interior. BUT- you must take it back and get something Norman can ride in. Or- if you refuse, you need to at least let him sit in the passenger seat (on a blue blanket if necessary) and take a few shots for us. :)

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    LOL! When we first got the car, I took him outside to show him. He ran over to it and jumped right up in the driver's seat. I think he wanted to take a ride!

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Page said…

    Rob has a silver miata with tan interior and he LOVES it. Sure, he was teased by the guys at work for getting a "woman's car" but, whatev, it was a lot cheaper than many other convertibles. BUT, he will not let the pugs in the car. Ever. And it drives me crazy. So, I would have sold it to you CHEAP! ;) But, oh how I love that new car you got!! I can't wait to see it...maybe you could get Norman some blue goggles to match the interior so he can ride shotgun! Man, I would love to see a pic of his little black ears flapping in the wind down the interstate! LOL!

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    My best friend used to have a miata, it was so fun! Oh well, those s2000s are really neat, zippy cars as well. What does Honda have against pugs? Is it our Chinese ancestry?

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Swanky! I like it a lot! i don't think I've ever been in a convertible, so odd!

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    It surprises me how we can develop “relationships” with our cars, but we do! You know I just went through this same experience. I am glad you found something else you like though. It is beautiful and I do love the color too!

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Sweet car! I felt the same way when I got rid of my last car. We are so funny. I can't believe the people won't let you ride in it!

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Christine & Giggs said…

    The S2000 is sa-weet! Have fun :)

     
  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Wow, I'm sorry I didn't take that ride in the Miata when I had the chance. LOVE the new car, but you know if poor Norman can't fit in there, what the heck would our four do?????

    I have had "my bug" for 10 years now and no air for the past two summers...sigh....I just can't bring myself to trade it in or sell it, ya know????

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooh a new car!! I love it, yes you need to get Norman matching doggles for it! :)
    The hubby has a right hand drive honda civic/crx straight from Japan.. it too has a bench in the back for the puggies, but do they stay there? No! They end up on my lap! Silly things!

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    I'm sorry that you had to say bye to the Miata but at least it's going to a good home. I often think about where my first car ended up.
    My BIL has that same Honda and LOVES it.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger kristie said…

    i love the new car. getting a new car is the best! norman, i think you need to figure out somewhat to ride in it though.

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    That is a great new car for you. A convertible sounds like fun. If we lived down south dad would probably have one. Not up here, though.

    Roxy

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Mrs.D said…

    The new car is so pretty.

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Puddleglum said…

    *whimper* Me wanty sexy car... *whimper*

    Would never work in Colorado, though. No 4WD.

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Oh, it's so sad to say goodbye to a good car...and that was a fine car....BUT HELLO TO THAT FINE HONDA! I love it. I told the husband he should get one of those but he said it doesn't come in automatic transmission and I wouldn't be able to drive it... Yours is so pretty!

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Car is gorgeous, Far looks like it was a blast and who doesn't sniff butt? :P

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Oh Sandy, you can drive a stick. Come on up here and I'll teach you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home