Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend with Jazzy

I had a good weekend with Jazzy. She arrived at our house Friday evening, and left Sunday evening. We had a good two days of playing and snuggling with Woman. Here we are chilling on the couch after chasing each other around the house.

jazzy and norman

Woman says Jazzy is a really sweet Pug. She says I could learn a thing or ten from Jazzy. I don't know what that means. Woman was so impressed with how little Jazzy barks, and when she does bark, how quiet her "sweet" little barks are. I prefer big, loud, manly barks that really get the point across. By Sunday afternoon, I taught Jazzy how to bark bigger and more often. Woman was not pleased with me for this.

jazzy

Jazzy's favorite thing to do is sit on the couch and stare out the window. See - here she is staring out the window while I try to get Woman to play with me. Sure, Jazzy wanted to play too, but I always won fetch and stole all the toys from her, so she gave up trying to play eventually. Every now and then we would get into a tussle over the toys. Admittedly, she usually won the argument.

jazzy and norman

I taught Jazzy how to stand up on the window ledge to better see out the window.

jazzy at the window

Woman says Jazzy and I have very different features. Jazzy is so light in color that she is almost white, her face is much smaller than mine, she has teeny little feet, and a short little body. Woman says I look like a horse next to Jazzy. I'm not sure if that is a compliment or just a casual observation.

Here is Jazzy's little white head.

jazzy close up

Here is my giant apricot head.

norman close up

I prefer my head for two reasons - First, I can fit an entire goodboy bone in my mouth. Jazzy has to bite hers into four pieces! Yes, I stole some of her pieces while she was eating. Woman got really mad at me. Second, I can make bigger barks. The bigger the bark, the better!

See Jazzy's teeny little rabbit paws? Woman says they're cute. Jazzy is really light on her feet. She would follow Woman into a room without Woman knowing and end up getting locked into that room, because Woman didn't know she was there! She's a quiet little thing.

jazzy and normans paws

We spent a lot of time snuggling with Woman on the couch. Woman says we are snugglepusses. I did not like sharing my Woman with Jazzy.

norman jazzy and tammy snuggling

Sometimes I would hop off the couch and give Woman the stink eye.

jealous norman

Jazzy didn't seem phased by my stink eye.

jazzy

Jazzy is also a mega-kisser! She loves to hold Woman down and kiss all over her face. Woman laughed and laughed and laughed. She seemed to have a really good time with Jazzy. I think Woman will miss Jazzy more than me. She threatened to put Jazzy's pink collar on me and send me home with Jazzy's mom. The nerve! Woman says Jazzy is welcome to stay at our house any time, but Ian says we can't keep her. Thank Pugness for Ian! Finally, we're on the same side!

20 Comments:

  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger AM said…

    Jazzy is a very pretty girl! I love that picture of the two of you sitting on the couch (the top picture). You should frame that and send it to her so she can have a momento from her weekend with you. :)

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Page said…

    Aw, Jazzy is really cute and kinda reminds of me Sela in the face and paws! Tell the Woman to get another pug!!

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    What a pretty friend Norman. I'm sure you were the perfect gentleman, right?

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Christine & Giggs said…

    Jazzy is a sweetheart :)

    That's also some pretty good stink eye Norman. You must practice.

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Bella and Perogi said…

    Hilarious! Norman, you are quite the character :)

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Winston said…

    Jazzy is very cute (my parents say). They also think that it is high time that you have a little sister and/or brother that you can teach the ropes to. This would be totally cool.

    The Grand Duke

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Jazzy is very cute, but you are very handsome! I love the stink eyes....lol. Better than our house where Marty has stink breath.

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    Oooo, Jazzy is so cute! I really think you need a permanent lady friend, Norman

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Aw, don't be jealous, Norman. I'm pretty sure your Woman loves you more than silly ol' Jazzy. She may have a cute bark, sassy little behind and light in color = but what is that when compared to your large head, massively manly bark, big feet, and stink eye? No question to it!

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Aw, don't be jealous, Norman. I'm pretty sure your Woman loves you more than silly ol' Jazzy. She may have a cute bark, sassy little behind and light in color = but what is that when compared to your large head, massively manly bark, big feet, and stink eye? No question to it!

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Aw, don't be jealous, Norman. I'm pretty sure your Woman loves you more than silly ol' Jazzy. She may have a cute bark, sassy little behind and light in color = but what is that when compared to your large head, massively manly bark, big feet, and stink eye? No question to it!

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Dear Norman. Don't be jealous of Jazzy. And if your woman did send you home with Jazzy's parents, she would be missing you terribly a couple of hours later. As for Jazzy's small head, feet, and light complextion, what kind of man dog would you be if you looked all girly? Huh! Really, Lucky and I much prefer you the way you are.

    Roxy & Lucky

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Jazzy is a very pretty girl. I like her white color, Napoleon is more apricot like you are Norman. Did you guys get to play at all while she was there?

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Jazzy is so cute! Norman, your Woman looks and sounds like she would really like to have two pugs, Goodboy and Goodgirl! I bet you did teach Jazzy some nifty things. You need to learn hypnosis to put Ian under a spell and let Woman get a playmate for you!

     
  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger Tami said…

    I love the wrinkled pug-butt at the window!
    Do you think pugs become a lighter color as they age?

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger kristie said…

    norman, i really think you need a sister pug.

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Magnolia Sun said…

    Norman yall make such a great looking couple!

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you sort out the sleeping arrangements? The stink eye was pretty good.. Indy gives me that all the time.
    Don't worry your Woman loves you better the Jazzy!

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my goodness, she is so sweet!!! Such a pretty girl!

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Paula said…

    Jazzy is such a sweetie. My husband feels the same way Norman, any more pugs in the house just better be visitors. He says 3 is enough. I don't know about that one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home