Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Monday, February 04, 2008

Great Weather for a Boring Weekend

The weather was so nice this weekend, but did I get to do anything exciting? No, I did not! I didn't even get to take a walk. My People are so lazy.

On Friday night the People rented the new Harry Potter movie. Woman was not very impressed with it though. She said it was uneventful and didn't possess the magical beauty of the past films.

On Saturday the People had another "burn day" out in the garden, but only worked for about 2 hours. I supervised their efforts. They are good workers, so I don't have much to complain about. Woman could put a little more effort into her digging, but we'll save that for her annual review. After working in the yard, the People did some shopping, and went out that night to meet some friends downtown. I was pretty irked about this since I was left at home alone. They did bring the friends (and Buddy) home with them to take a dip in the hot tub, so at least I got *some* fun out of the deal. The Peoples' friend Amy is in town. She likes to eat my face. I will post a picture of us together later.

Sunday was the Super Bowl! Nate had a party, and at the party everyone got to make their own personal-sized pizzas. I was pretty bummed that I didn't get to go, because I really wanted to make my own pizza. I was going to put pooperoni on it. Woman said they didn't have any pooperoni, but I told her I could make my own. Woman said the pizzas were great. Andy made the dough, and there were dozens of toppings to choose from. Woman and Ian split a pizza with garlic, andouille sasuage, olives, mushrooms, tomatoes, caramelized onions and cheese. She said it was a fun time and that there were a number of good commercials. Here are some of her favorites.

Tide-To-Go:



Sobe:



Time has published their best and worst Superbowl Commercial ratings here if you're interested. Woman does not agree with all their ratings though. For example, they gave this CareerBuilder commerical an A, but Woman gave it a D. She thinks it was nasty weird, butyou can decide for yourself:


8 Comments:

  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger AM said…

    I missed all the commericials (and most of the game) so thanks for sharing these. I agree, that last one is nasty wierd. I love that Tide one though! The Party the people went to sounds great. Sounds like a great selection of pizza toppings.

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger kristie said…

    i did not watch the superbowl save for about 5 minutes. i agree with your woman - that commercial was icky. and dumb. pooperoni pizza: that's clever!

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Mom thinks the Bud Light ability to breath fire with the man allergic to cats was pretty funny. Mom is allergic to cats, maybe that was why.

    Roxy

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger Pedro said…

    My parents left me home for this whole super bowl thing too! Not to mention, I don't know what happened with this supposed "game" but they came home all mopey and bummed out. I tried to give them kisses but that didn't seem to work too well.

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    I don't like that nasty weird commercial either. I saw a rat bust through the wall and beat up a guy eating some doritos. Why??

    Norman, can't you get a picture of the people in the hot tub?

     
  • At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought the Career Builder ad was funny, I like that it gives a visual to "my heart's just not in it," and "follow your heart," but that's because I hate my job!

     
  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger Tami said…

    Have you read the Harry Potter books? I cannot remember. This last movie spent less time at Hogwarts; maybe that is why you didn't enjoy it as much. Once they are all out, I want to watch them all over again and then see which is my favorite.

     
  • At 12:47 AM, Blogger Christine & Giggs said…

    I didn't like the last Harry Potter movie either :(

    Everyone had to listen to me rant about how much I hated it once we got out of the theater. I hope the next one's better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home