Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Monday, January 28, 2008

Updates

Sorry for the week long absence everypuggy. Woman was gone most of last week, and when she got home, she wouldn't let me on the computer - something about needing to get some work done. She did not take any pictures while she was in Mobile, because she claims to have been very busy the entire time.

Woman left for Mobile on Tuesday morning, but not before the electricians got the electricity hooked up to the hot tub on Monday! It was 11pm before the temperature was warm enough to get in, but Woman stayed up so she could try out the hot tub before her trip. She says it is pretty much awesome, but I don't like it one bit. Why did no one warn me that I would be left out of this party? I am left inside the house to stare out the window from the back of the futon. Sure, I bark my little head off, but they can't hear it, so what's the point? Long story short, I hate the hot tub. I get no snuggles, I get no lovin', and it drowns out my barking. I am plotting against it, but it seems impervious to pee. We'll see how it holds up in the long run.

Woman said her trip to Mobile was a good one. She did have some trouble on Thursday though. She was refilling her rental car at 6am in the rain on her way to the airport, and she had to go into the gas station to get the receipt for the fuel. As she was turning to lock the car, she tripped on the raised concrete island-thingy and fell really hard on the dirty wet concrete. She cut up her hands and knees and bruised her knees all up. She says it hurt really badly, and she was bleeding and covered in muddy water. She was hoping the day would get better from there, but when she got into Atlanta, her flight to Asheville was canceled! She had to wait around the airport for a couple hours to get another flight. Since flights are sparse going into Asheville, she was afraid she wouldn't make it in that day, but she did end up getting on a later flight. That flight turned out to be very bumpy, and the last 10 minutes were filled with heavy turbulence and screaming. Woman says there was a pilot sitting across from her who told her it was the worst turbulence he had experienced in ten years of flying. Needless to say, Woman was really freaked out, and yes, she was the one screaming. Probably not the only one, but definitely the loudest one. She says turbulence gives you a free ticket to scream, and it feels so good to let it out like that! She's kind of crazy.

So Woman made it home safely. We snuggled on the couch on Thursday night after the People finally made their way out of the hot tub. Geesh!

On Friday night we had some house guests. One of Woman's co-workers is moving from Alabama to Maryland and stopped by here on his way up north. His wife was really afraid of me. Every time I got near her, she jumped up in the air and squealed. It was funny. They are Indian, and for whatever reason, she has not been around a lot of dogs, and the one time she was around a dog, it chased her, so now she thinks all dogs are going to try to chase her and eat her. I'm not really hungry enough to eat an entire person, so she's pretty safe with me, but I just couldn't convince her of that. Oh well. It's her loss! Here is a picture of us all together.

swaminadhan_visit

The guests left Saturday afternoon, and we pretty much vegged out the rest of the day and night.

On Sunday Ian and Michael (his step-dad) bottled up their home brew. It was pretty exciting. I kept getting in the way and annoying them! That's what I do best I guess. Woman and Gammy were in the hot tub for like 2 hours! Lyn came over and also soaked for a while. It was nice for her to get out of the house and have some relaxation. I'm sure she started to miss her new baby though. I barked at them while they were soaking, but it didn't seem to bother them. Bah! Lyn also told Woman that despite my history of Mast Cell tumors, I do have to have my rabies shot. Double Bah!

Ian has a new t-shirt for sale on Threadless! Check it out!

I Wish I Were - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever

12 Comments:

  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger AM said…

    Im so happy that your people are getting to enjoy their hot tub. If only we could figure out a way for you to enjoy it too! A raft perhaps?

    Im sorry your woman got all banged up at the gas station. That sounds painful and I'm sure at the time a bit embarrassing too. And then to have her flight delayed and then a bad flight! Geesh. She NEEDS that hot tub Norman. And wine!

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Norman, we're so happy to see you blogging again. We're sorry about the hot tub, but honestly we doubt you'd like it much.

    We're REALLY sorry about the Woman getting hurt at the darn gas station and then that TERRIBLE flight!!!! OH DEAR OH DEAR....I would have been screaming even louder and probably crying too! Good thing she had the hot tub to soak in and wash those troubles away!

    I can't imagine anyone being afraid of you! I think that woman needs some dog lovin' therapy.

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay, you're back!

    That hot tub sounds like sweetness. For now I will have to resort to sitting in a hot TUB. No jets for me. Sigh.

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Frances Louise said…

    Glad that your Woman made it back (albeit with scrapes and bruises and scared out of her wits). Hope you gave her all the puggy love that she missed during the week!

    I would be a little bit wary of the hot tub . . . hot water gushing at you from every which way does not sound like fun to me. If barking doesn't get them out of there, maybe slobbering on the window while you stare at them will . . .

    I can't imagine anyone being afraid of us pugs -- we are the cutest and most lovable breed . . . .

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    Oh goodness, it sounds like your woman had a really bad flying experience and a fall in icky water too!! I hope you smoothered her with pug kisses when she returned.

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Page said…

    We missed you Norman! Tell the woman that I'm sorry she had such a rotten day coming home from Mobile! I HATE flying (but do it with a little Rx to tide me over) and would have FREAKED OUT if it was so turbulent! She had every right to scream...I would have too! With a little curse thrown in as well! So, I'm happy she was able to come home to a nice hot tub, but sorry you are not able to go in...can you got outside and sit beside the hot tub??
    BTW, that's really funny about the woman's friend being afraid of you. hehe...but she did pose for a pic with you in it! I think she'd warm up to you in no time!

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Wow, that was an eventful blog. We are sorry your mom fell and got hurt. Mom knows all about falling on cement. Yuk & Ow! As for the hot tub, I think you will lose that battle. When mom gets in her bubble jet tub she is off limits to everyone. She leaves the door open but since I don't want to jump in, she's all alone. (I think she likes it that way.) As far as the guest goes, I can't offer anything. I bark at everyone that comes is.

    Roxy

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Magnolia Sun said…

    Oh Norman I'm so sorry you are having to stay inside while the people get to have fun. Maybe when the weather is warmer you can be outside with them. So sorry your woman had a bad trip home. Tell Ian I voted for him and wish him luck

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Nevis said…

    I think you're being coy, Norman. Admit it...you ARE hungry enough to eat a whole person! ;)

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Norman, I am sorry your people are ignoring you while they hot tub. Maybe when it gets warmer you can run around outside while they soak. Tell your woman I am sorry about her awful flight and falling down, some days just suck!

    That is really funny that your guests were scared of you. I don't think I have met anyone scared of a pug!

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Tami said…

    I am sorry Woman tripped and fell. I would hope someone came out and offered her some assistance since she was bleeding and probably embarrassed.
    I don’t think the hot tub would be good for you Norman. Pugs get hot quickly, so you probably wouldn’t enjoy it as much as you think.

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Oscar said…

    Oh. I'm sorry. That must have been a frustrating and frightful trip home for your Mom. I am glad she is back home safely too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home