Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Holiday Season

As much as I love gobbling down my helping of turkey at Thanksgiving and opening presents at Christmas, I do not enjoy the time leading up to these holidays, because I get very little attention. In fact, I get in lots of trouble, because I am "in the way." Woman always has a knitting project going on that she has to finish by some date, or she's baking 60 dozen cookies, or she's decorating, or whatever else she is doing that does not involve rubbing my rear end. I wish we could just have a nice peaceful holiday season that does not involve hundreds of little tasks! The knitting has already begun. She knitted ALL weekend! I do try to snuggle her while she's knitting, but a Pug can only endure so many pokes with a knitting needle before he gets the message. Whoa is me. No loving for the Pug until after Christmas. Sigh ...

8 Comments:

  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Norman, come on up to our house. After Dec. 10th we won't be doing any knitting, baking, decorating, or crafting. We will be napping, reading, sitting, napping, reading, napping, relaxing and unable to use our right hand....we can scratch with our left!

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Archie and Melissa said…

    Hi Norman,

    I have a strategy that I try every night mom is knitting or crocheting. I lay right on my mom's ball of yarn. It is so comfy, and I look so cute, that sometimes it works. Other times, I get relocated with a new ball of yarn that isn't attched to her project. Either way, I am comfy. :)
    Emmitt

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Jen and Suki said…

    My mommy likes hippies, so she's wondering if she should find a Minnesota hippy vet to take me to. I am too, because shots suck.

    Also to set the record straight, FAKE Chuck Norris (the human on TV) is a republican, NOT real Chuck Norris (the pink one that lives in my toy basket). Real Chuck is a kick-ass dude and, as he is comfortable in pink, is also very progressive.

    I hope you get some more attention soon...

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Jen and Suki said…

    I left out some words in that last comment about Chuck, but I think you catch my drift...

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Frances Louise said…

    I feel for you -- holidays should NOT get in the way of loving. Maybe a little lesson for the Woman is in order . . . might I suggest peeing on the latest knitting project . . .

    I am incredibly lucky in that Mommy is NOT talented like that -- she can't knit, sew, cook, or make anything worth giving away so I still get all the attention I need.

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    Woman sounds like a wonderful person to knit all those gifts for people :)

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger L said…

    I know that it tends to work when you lay on the ball of yarn the woman is working with. Then do something cute...or maybe just toot on it!

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Page said…

    Oh, poor Norman! It sounds like you need a brother or sister to keep you occupied!! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home