Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Monday, April 23, 2007

Garden Helper Dog

All this weekend, the People worked in "the garden." I tried to help them, but I kept getting in trouble for my efforts. Although they put a fence around the garden to keep me out, they did let me in there this weekend while they were working. Oh what fun. It was hot and dirty and I got yelled at a lot. Not my idea of a good time. The People planted a lot of things; beans, corn, tomatoes, squash, potatoes, lettuce, spinach and peas. The Woman says the garden is over 50% finished. Ugh. There is more to do? Really the Woman, I think that's enough veg for this year.

I mostly slept under the wheelbarrow thingy to keep cool, because it was providing the only shade in the area. My butt hung out one side though, so I had a burning bum most of the day. The Woman also got a sunburn on her backside! We have matching bum burns. No, she wasn't gardening in the nude - her shirt hiked up in the back as she bent over (exposing her muffin tops), and she forgot to put sunscreen there. She's complaining a lot about it today. When I wasn't sleeping under the wheelbarrow, I was laying in the dirt and trying to eat the rotten potatoes. I got in trouble for that too!

On the positive side, the People took me for a walk on Saturday and on Sunday, so I did get a bit of reward for all my work in the garden. The Woman and I napped on the hammock yesterday afternoon too. It was real nice. I don't mind the hammock as long as I am not touching the ropes. I don't think Pugs are meant to be on hammocks without having their People there to stand on, because our feet fall through the holes!

I guess there is more gardening to be done, and probably soon. The Woman seems to like to dig in the dirt. I guess I'll indulge her for a little while, but if she starts missing my meal times, there will be trouble!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger L said…

    The fact that it's even warm enough to DO gardening makes me jealous.

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Wow, that is a lot of vegetables. Maybe I would like them better if I grew them?? Maybe not. I agree abou the hammock...we used to have one and we had to put a blanket over the ropes to help with pug paws not slipping through. But it does make a wonderful nap time.

     
  • At 12:18 AM, Blogger Ronin_The_Pug said…

    You see? We always try to help our humans and they say "stay away"... why?? I try to help my humans and I end up yelled at...

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    The garden sounds wonderful and sounds like Norman had a lot of fun driving you guys nuts this weekend. You will have to post some pictures of it once it starts growing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home