Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Dogs are Expensive!

I was thinking about getting myself a dog recently, like maybe a little Westie, a Frenchie or a Yorkie, you know, something that ends in -ie, but I am seriously reconsidering after seeing how expensive it is to keep a dog. You see, I had to go to the Vet yesterday to have a suspicious lump on my head investigated. It was bleeding (yeah gross I know) and the Vet was able to get some slides of it. Much to my dismay, she also poked at it with a needle, but that's beside the point. She didn't find any mast cells in it, so it is probably not a mast cell tumor, but the bill was still $72! I don't have $72 to shell out if my dog that ends in -ie gets a lump on its head. My monthly net income is $0. I don't see that increasing much in the next year, and I know Ian won't let the Woman give me the money to take care of my dog. (He's mean like that.) So, I guess I'll just have to keep collecting my rogue furballs and build my own dog. I bet dogs made from excess furballs don't need much healthcare!

By the way, the Vet thinks my lump is a histiocytoma. We're going to "watch" it for a month and see if it goes away, because it might go away on its own. If it doesn't go away, she will operate. Woman has already fallen down on the "watching it for a month" job though. She stopped watching it shortly after we got home. I guess the month of watching has to start over now!

10 Comments:

  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Norman, I hope that bump/lump goes away without surgery. You know what you need?? You need a cat as a buddy. Cats are famous for not minding their people...can't you just see Ian flipout when he wakes up and the cat is sleeping by his head? Or if he found the cat up on the countertop inspecting the bananas or any food items? Now, wouldn't that entertain you?

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger L said…

    I hope your bump goes away! The one Zelda had a while back turned out to just be an infection that went away soon after we started to clean it every day with this special cleanser.
    Also, did you know that there are kits you can buy to build your own dog out of dog hair and lint? I'll see if I can find a link for it, but I'm dead serious. Maybe that could be your pet?

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    RPM - I considered a cat, but now I am afraid of cats. The neighbor has a GIANT FAT cat that scares me. I will try to get a picture of it.

    Also, the Woman hates cats. She doesn't like how they get all up on the counters and stuff. She would protest to my bringing a cat into the house too :(

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    lmizzle - I have been saving up my dog hairs for just that purpose! I plan to take over the world with my army of furball pugs!

    Glad to hear Zelda's lump went away! Mine is not just an infection though. I have had three mast cell tumors removed over the past year, so if it isn't gone soon, I'm sure the Woman will put me under the knife again. Better safe than sorry when dealin with the big C!

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Napoleon had a histiocytoma on his lip. We took him to the vet to get it biopsied. It looked really gross but started getting better after a week or so and finally went completely away except for a discoloration on his lip. Hope everything turns out ok with yours.

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said…

    Oh Norman..I hope that bump is nothing serious...Willow has a lump that scared the wits outta me but, we learned it was a fatty mass...

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger kristie said…

    norman, i hope that your bump turns out to be just a nuisance and nothing more. however, i think maybe a dog friend would be fun for you. maybe ian will pay you to take out the trash or rake the yard or something and you can save up your 'allowance' to buy a dog. if not i think your fur dog will be an ok substitution. where exactly are you keeping this fur in the meantime? under ian's bed perhaps?

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    girlville - I try to keep the fur strewn all over the house. This way, the Woman never notices any one large furball that she might sweep up. I'm pretty sneaky. Under the couch cushions has also proven a safe place to hide my "genetic fur material."

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger AM said…

    Norman, I have LOTS of extra furballs to send your way! We just shaved down Bella (it didnt hurt her, dont worry) and we have a giant target bag full of hair balls. I imagine you can put together at least two doggies endng in -ie.

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    You shaved her AM? Whoah! That's wild!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home