Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Present for Me!!

Woman is back safely from the blogger meet up in Williamsburg, VA. She drove to Charlotte last Friday, and then FLEW into Newport News. Crazy, I know - she got on one of those airplane thingies like what crashed on the LOST island! She took some drugs so she wasn't as scared and if she woke up crashed or dead would be able to deal with it better. She said she sat next to a woman on the outbound flight and talked with her the entire time and has no idea what they talked about. I think the woman was imaginary or possibly Oprah. She was GLAD Kristie was at the airport to pick her up; otherwise, she would have just sat on a bench and slept until her return flight on Monday. LOL! Those are some good drugs.

You would expect me to get a gift from this event, and thanks to Rachel, I did. She sent home this fun edible game of tic tac toe.

treats from rachel!

I don't know how to play tic tac toe, but I tried to learn the rules.

norman plays tic tac toe

I had to consult with Ian pretty often regarding my next move.

norman asking ian for help with his next move

In the end I decided to just eat the game pieces instead of finishing up the game. Ian said it was a dumb move on my part, because I had Woman backed into a corner and could have won on my next turn. I'm not sure what that means. I did win, right? I got the treat!

norman eats his treat

I hope Rachel knew this was an edible game when she bought it; otherwise, she's probably devastated that I ate the game pieces.

rachel is excited about the little miniature winery


Thanks Rachel!! No thanks to Woman for no additional gift for me. She said her luggage was too full for anything else. Uh, yeah. I saw all that outlet shopping you did. Give me a break!!

14 Comments:

  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Mr. Chris said…

    Who is to say she made it safely to VA? I hear she crashed on an island that exists only in the colonial years!

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww Rachel is so sweet to send you some treats since Woman was to mean! lol

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    I'm glad to hear the Woman was able to take drugs to get her there. I need to try that, too. I don't know how you stay so calm with those game pieces sitting right in front of you! Can't wait to hear more about the meetup.

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Libby's Library said…

    I HATE airplane thingies, so do you think that Woman would lend me a some of her drugs? I need then next month. Goodboy Norman Featherstone (yeah, I just love saying your name), if Woman won't share, would you bite her for me, please? Just kidding.

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Just ask your Dr. for some Ativan. He'll give you some - it's pretty common.

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Hahahaha - I love everything. I love that you actually made him play tic, tac, toe, I love that he just ate them all and I love that photo of me with a miniature reproduction of the winery (??? why was that there???)

    Still wish you had taken those sweaters home in a barrel......

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Page said…

    How DID you stay so calm with all those treats just lying on the floor?? I could never have gotten W&S to stay that way!

    I'm still sad I couldn't go to the meet up...I really hope next year it's possible.

    Oh, and HEY, you didn't tell me how the brewgrass few was!! I want to hear all about it...and are y'all still watching LOST? I've decided to torture myself today and rent Marley and Me...I'll be a puddle on the floor, I'm sure.

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Love the photos! And you're SO EXCITED in the last one. Your kitchen is very pretty!

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Dan Coyle said…

    An imaginary woman or Oprah? Nice stealth 30 Rock reference there, Norman!

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Doozywhoop said…

    NORMAN!I LOVE YOUUUUUUU. I still read you even though I am a lazy blogger.

    Many pug hugs!

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger AM said…

    Oh Norman, I am so glad your parents are documenting your life in pictures. You are such a handsome tic tac toe player. Glad the Woman made it back safely!

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger AM said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger AM said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger Paula said…

    Norman....do you share?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home