Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Friday, June 26, 2009

Fudge Dipped Oreo Cake

Tuesday was Trevor's 18th birthday! For his Birthday, Woman made him a giant fudge dipped oreo cookie!

fudge covered oreo cake

Looks pretty yummy, eh? From the sounds of things, it was yummy. I did not get any though, because Woman said that much chocolate would kill me if I even looked at it, so I was sure to avert my eyes from the glory of the cake.

Here is Trevor blowing out his candle. He's lightning fast, so the photo is all blurred.

trevor blowing out his candle

And this is what happened next. Trevor unhinged his jaw and ate the entire cake in one bite!

trevor eating his birthday cake

Crazy teenagers...

Woman used her classic "Best Ever Chocolate Cake" recipe from the Southern Living cookbook for the cake. For the filling, she beat 8oz of cream cheese with 1/2 cup of sugar, then stirred in 12 coarsely chopped oreos and 2 cups of homemade whipped cream. The "fudge dip" is 4 bars of baking chocolate melted on the stove with 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar stirred into the mixture. To get it the right consistency, you then have to plunge the pot into ice and stir for about 5 minutes; otherwise, it's too runny. After you pour the fudge onto the cake, be sure to refrigerate it for an hour or so to help the fudge set up.

Oh yeah, and the cake has like ALL the calories in the world in it, so eat it with restraint.

I prefer to munch on herbs, because they're healthy.

norman with herbs

You humans and your sugar ...

13 Comments:

  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Tami said…

    Well it looks devine! You did a great job!

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Tami said…

    DIVINE - I CAN spell when I want! Ha! Ha!

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Page said…

    Please send me a cake!! Via FedEx Express! I'd make it myself, but things always taste better to me when I didn't have to make it myself. ;) Now, go, hurry...start baking before FedEx closes this afternoon!

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger kristie said…

    wow, that cake looks good! but so do the herbs, norman...so do the herbs.

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Nevis said…

    You should post recipe for cake over on the Foodie Friday!!!

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my good god.. I think i just gained 10 lbs looking at that! yummy!!

    Well don't you worry Norman.. herbs are just as good as chocolate any day!

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Pam said…

    oh my...that cake look delish!

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Sorry Norman, but I'd rather have the cake. Even though mommy says chocolate is puggy poison, I will give her my best sad eyes every time she eats it. Apollo's mommy makes pug friendly chocolate cookies. YEAH!! THe cake is very nice. The Woman did a great job!! Happy Friday!

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Oh my word...that should be a wordless wednesday picture. I'm with Page...send it on down this way!

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Pug Posse said…

    OMD...that cake looks insanely good!!! And you look a little disappointed to get the herbs instead of cake!
    Pug hugs and kisses!
    The Pug Posse

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    OMG, I bet Mr. Karate would love that cake. Mom said it was too rich for her, and that I couldn't look at it either. After my chocolate chip cookie incident, I am not even allowed to smell chocolate.

    Roxy

     
  • At 5:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Dear Pug Lovers,

    We are "doggie & friends" from Hong Kong. "doggie & friends" is our own design with 10 styles dog designs as : Pug, Chihuahua, Schnauzer, Pomeranian, Franch Bulldog, Toy Poodle, Shih Tzu, Pekingese, White Terrier and Goldenretriever.

    Now, we designed wallet collection for Pug Lovers. Are you like them?

    Limited Edition, Order Now!!!
    5% Extra discount on Group Order 20pcs or more~

    Contact Us for take pictures or more details:
    Email : doggienfriends@gmail.com
    Tel : (0852) 9201 8479
    Fax : (0852) 2392 8277

     
  • At 5:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Woman,

    please post the recipe of that cake!!!!!
    carla

     

Post a Comment

<< Home